Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

least favourite place in the world??

• 30-10-2004 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Mine has to be the Square in Tallaght, scum ridden **** hole!!!

whats yours?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

belgium...... (it's a long story)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dublin in general really... I've been to filthy scumhives in spain that were nicer than it. It's just a downright horrible place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

at the moment, La Rochelle in France. The part of it I stayed in was infested with French traveller types and it's just generally not a very nice place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dublin in general really... I've been to filthy scumhives in spain that were nicer than it. It's just a downright horrible place.
    I'd have to agree. Any time I see tourists in Dublin, especially European ones, I feel so ashamed of the sh*thole we call our capital city, and I have to fight the urge (seriously) to tell them to leave it and go west, to see some of Ireland's positive attributes. It was a ****hole in the Viking times, and it hasn't changed much since then.

Another place I have little positivity for would be Miami. It's just a horribly corrupt place - sure there's plenty of sunlight and exposed flesh, but that's about it. It's one of the seediest, most vacuous places I've ever had the misfortune of being. It's like one giant red-light district, masquerading as a proper city. ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The center of London on a saturday afternoon, there's people fucking every where.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cork - it's a ****ing hole full of squeaky voice morons dying to fight you just because you're from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

Yeah I was in Miami a few years back, was really looking forward to going and from when I got there , people were out to rip you off in every direction, was so expensive, the people were really ignorant and I'd take dublin hands down any day.

As for Tallaght and the Square well I lived there for 5 years up to a year ago and personally find it a grand area and not originally from Tallaght :) , the square has improved big time although itd far too busy in the run up to xmas. Security are a bit dopey though but have to say dont think its the worst sorry!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

The 77, going through Tallaght. I've lived here all my life, gone to school on it for six years straight.

That's not true. I moved to Glasnevin. I no longer get the 77.

Sweet freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

Lump wrote:
    The center of London on a saturday afternoon, there's people fucking every where.

John
    Last time I was there I don't remember people shagging on the streets of London...

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

nowt wrong with London imo. When you say center where do you mean biz end, oxford street, west end or portobello? Dublin unfortunately is a dirty looking city partly due to the weather. It lacks the visual appeal of Paris or London or Vienna etc. Dublin has done all right or exceptionally well given what we have to offer in terms of tourism and international hipness etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Galway, the dirtiest town centre in Ireland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You mean "nothing", right?

I'm not particularly fond of Dublin myself. It's been a while, though, so I doubt I'm qualified to give an opinion on the place. Ballinasloe, on the other hand, is a place I can denounce as hatefully as I please. The Buffy-inspired term "Hellmouth" springs instantly to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Scranton, Pennsylvania. Another long story but claim to fame is supposedly the biggest junkyard in the USA. What a kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Cork - it's a ****ing hole full of squeaky voice morons dying to fight you just because you're from Dublin.

I'll add a second least favourite place then... Dublin, because it's full of morons like the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oxfird Street, Hammersmith, Sheperds Bush etc etc etc.... it's all busy, and people are in such a rush, even at the weekends.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

darndale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Square at Christmas. It's gonna be my third christmas working there this year.
    And any bus late at night when it's full of crazy drunk people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Thomas Street, its such a **** hole. Can't walk down there either with out being offered drugs of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

Boston the birthplace of the american snob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Yup Thomas Street, hate waitin for the bus there, not a day goes by without, "you a rocker are ye?" "smelly rocker" "are you bob marley are ye?"

Pain in the arse, then the junky mothers lookin for a shot o yer phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

Los Angeles - Biggest Dirtiest Hole on the planet.
    There are no redeeming features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thomas Street, its such a **** hole. Can't walk down there either with out being offered drugs of some sort.

Agreed, Dublin has some very bad spots but this has to be the worst of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 halfhead

Norwich, Dont go its that simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Clifden.

or maybe Columbia, Missouri...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Los Angeles - Biggest Dirtiest Hole on the planet.
    There are no redeeming features.

yeah i'll second that... a good nuke would sort it out... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

has to be Dublin 4 and environs at lunch time...loads of arrogant and pretentious suits rushing around with coffee (coffee-on-the-go so fashionable u know) in their hands speaking drivel into their latest Nokia phones.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tijuana. The only place I've ever been in that I can honestly say that I couldn't wait to get the hell out of again. It's dirty, crowded and gives you a permanent feeling that you're about to be mugged at any time.

In Ireland it has to be Waterville in Kerry, mainly because it sounds like it should be a nice place but when you get there you discover it's a total kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bristol, full of west country knackers who will rob anything not nailed down!

jetsonx wrote:
    has to be Dublin 4 and environs at lunch time...loads of arrogant and pretentious suits rushing around with coffee (coffee-on-the-go so fashionable u know) in their hands speaking drivel into their latest Nokia phones.
    Bahahahaha, so true. :D That's a memory that remains to this day from working in D4 2 years ago..

Also, where is Thomas St?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Some contrarian thoughts:

Cliften isn't so bad! In fact, I think it is a nice place...

D4 isn't bad either.

There are TONS of nice places in LA - ever go up to Griffith Observatory? Santa Monica? I don't like the city much in general, but it really isn't that bad. Tijuana, now that's a real hellhole!

I don't know Dublin that well (only been here 4 months now) but Thomas Street has to be the worst of what I've seen - I work up around there and hate seeing the dealers and the junkies transact their business during my lunch-time walks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LA for me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Thomas street is connected to james st (where the Guniness buildings are)
    also Vicar St venue is also on thomas street as is the National College of art and design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

O'Malley Park in limerick you go up there your taking your life into your own hands. all the houses look the same it is so easy to get lost (well all the ones that havent been burnt out yet do)

you don't know if the people passing you on the street are going to say good morning or are they going to kill you. possibly the scariest place i have ever been.

scumbags on every corner .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Manchester is my pick of unfavourite place....kip..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

if you stopped lookin at that sheep you were having fun with and looked around dublin aint too bad mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Munich............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Munich............
    Granted, I only saw the airport there, but the beer alone was enough to make me love the place.

No, but the city.....*Tries not to think about it*

if you stopped lookin at that sheep you were having fun with and looked around dublin aint too bad mick
    Who to listen to? Positive rep or negative rep? 6,937 posts or 921?

This IS a toughie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

dundee , its f*cking baltic , and full of violent alcaholic dundonian bampots , and cameras watching you everywhere :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Munich............

I loved Munich - it's like Germany with friendly people.
    Great beer, clean city, excellent public transport (except between 0400- 0600:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

id have to say carrick on suir , co.tipp, horrible time there school was horrible me was ickle an bullied job there sucked too but now i never got to go there again yay :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ballyregret - (on the road to Kilkenny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

Ballyregret - (on the road to Kilkenny)
    We put the "regret" in "Ballyregret".

xx

Com'on enough of the puns!

Miss and Mann?:S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

id have to say the square at christmas i worked there last christmas,
    and my god it was a ****ing nightmare people everywhere and all very pissed off and traffic around it is unreal :(

also i dont like cork they really dont like dubs for some reason and they seem to be always out to impress :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Waterford is full of ignorant bog warriors.

The Square Tallaght is not too bad save for the Atari Expo which attracts the high-angled-cap wearing, tash sporting, weasle faced, ignorant, dole Queue attending, car thief scumbags, from Cushlawn, Rossfield and Donomore, (the roughest parts of Tallaght) for fun and games.

Galway is full of Travellers I hear???

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

up around christ-church iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

KilOit wrote:
    id have to say the square at christmas i worked there last christmas,
    and my god it was a ****ing nightmare people everywhere and all very pissed off and traffic around it is unreal :(

Its already started and its not even november yet!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Cork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement