Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ - I love em.

• 29-08-2001 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭

Did anyone see that ten minuet ad for whats coming up this autum on RTÉ? It was the best as I have seen in my life! The music was sooooooo great and I got a feeling that although they didn't mention Sky, they were implying that we should not get TV from the Dark ones(Sky). And at the ebd of it is says 'RTE - Pride and Commitment' I was practly crying with pride and swore on the spot never to buy digital from those Monopalist Capitalist Scum know as Sky. Join RTÉ and although it may not be the best its the most non-Corrupt.

So will you turn and flee to your Capitalist English Masters(Sky)? Or Join the Fight and Protect Ireland From Her Invaders!

I'm a card captor........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

WTF are you on about m8 confused.gif

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phobos:
    WTF are you on about m8 confused.gif

;-phobos-)
    </font>

hehe, i was about to ask the same thing like

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

LOL that 1 should b on the humour boards biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Don't worry man ,
    I know what you talking about , seen that add aswell rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's just an ad for an autumn TV schedule, Seán - not everything is 'yet another example of the eternal struggle between the evil capitalist scum and the lovely fluffy communists' you know...

The only thing I can think of off-hand that I'm looking forward to on Irish TV this autumn is THE WEAKEST LINK on tv3 with the one and only EAMONN DUNPHY!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Sure the new stuff on rte looks good but in general rte in my opinion sux! network 2 is alot better then rte 1 but still isn't that great!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    The only thing I can think of off-hand that I'm looking forward to on Irish TV this autumn is THE WEAKEST LINK on tv3 with the one and only EAMONN DUNPHY!
    </font>

odsg! EAMONN DUNPHY! That's taking the ****. I'd kill the ****ing ****.

imo everything on RTE is rubbish (almost) and I can't believe we are forced to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

The only thing I can think of off-hand that I'm looking forward to on Irish TV this autumn is THE WEAKEST LINK on tv3
    with the one and only EAMONN DUNPHY!

</font>

Yeah but maybe that's the sort of crap planning that makes RTE *not* get the money they want. I think Dunphy is a waste of space, OK, talkes about soccer, that's it, but what is with that "Slash/Ed" crap on the buses. It's just this guy with zero knowledge talking about loads of stuff on whcih he has no idea.

And he will suck at the Weakest Link, unless he suddenly turns into someody with talent. Anne Robinson owns the show (metaphorically). She is the god, I've been watching it from the start and find it highly amusing, especially the US version where there is obscene money ($125,000 per round) and all the contestants have severe attitude problems. It is genuine entertainment.

But RTE obviously like Dunphy, will give him a black suit (no £5000 Armani gear I'd say), and have sludge his usual toss onto the screen. Same old crap from RTE, don't employ someone new or interesting, just peddle the same crap with the old presenters, like Gay Byrne on WWTBA Millionaire. "Now thank the very nice audience"......WTF is that about? Is it a kids show? How about some grown up sarcasm and ****ing with the contestants like Chris Tarrant.

At least the US learned with not repeating the mistake on their WWTBA Millionaire with Regis (for christ's sake). They just paid Ann Robinson $16,000,000 to do it, fair and square. Like they should have done for WWTBAM. But RTE, no, lets just not even try to get new faces and just put the useless old 70s fogies on the screen. Spare £50 for a license increase, guv?

Regarding the original post - aren't they really Australian Masters? I always knew they'd be back.

[This message has been edited by R. Daneel Olivaw (edited 01-09-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

It's just an ad for an autumn TV schedule, Seán - not everythingis 'yet another example of the eternal struggle between the evil capitalist scum and the lovely fluffy communists' you know...
    [/B]</font>

.......we must all die for RTÉ, they are such Fluffy Communist Patriots!

I'm a card captor........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

And David is the strongest link this round. Not a great link, but a good link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Never if all the presenters of rte were being burnt at the stake and i was givent he oppertunity to save them i wouldnt i just shout BUUURRRRNNNNN MARTY BBBUUUURRRNNN!!!

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If you wanted an example of how **** rte are - look no further than yesterday's match. Apart from the usual Apres Match drivel where the jokes are thick and come anything but fast, we had Dunphy dispensing more pearls of wisdom - i.e. little bits of ****e wrapped in lots of mucus.

"Stam is an average player over-rated by a lot of people."

United paid £10.5 million, Lazio paid £16 million and he was footballer of the year twice in Holland. Hardly an average player. Dunphy is just an ignorant **** trying to say something contoversial to get ratings. A Howard Stern wannabe with zero talent (not that Stern has any) and a miserable failure as a journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*cough* ... oi "R. Daneel Olivaw"... you'll notice in what you quoted from me that I said "TV3" and not "RTE", in reference to The Weakest Link.

Advertisement