Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT BT question

Options
  • 30-10-2004 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if somebody can answer this for me, if you cange your home phone and internet to Esat on their advantage plus scheme with the 59 mins free calls deal are you liable for:-

Line rental 24.18e
    Charge for ESAT BT calls 25e
    Internet package eg 22.99 when bundled?

I am just not sure from looking at their website if it is 25e p/m and 24.18 line rental??

I did email them but got a very vague answer back referring me back to website and cannot get through to them all day on sales number.

Am also looking at UTV talk which does what I want eg line/rental and free calls thing for 24.18 as soon as line rental issue fixed and then internet package but bit wary of them

would appreciate any info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

samo wrote:
    I am just not sure from looking at their website if it is 25e p/m and 24.18 line rental??

24.18 line rental same as Eircom but with lower call costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭samo

I know this sounds really stupid but is that line rental and then additional 25 e p/m for free calls or is the 25 e p/m including the lin rental.

it reads like its the 1st way on the website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

samo wrote:
    I know this sounds really stupid but is that line rental and then additional 25 e p/m for free calls or is the 25 e p/m including the lin rental.
    It's €24.18 line rental plus €25/m for the call package.

Ok, Not so good, no wonder they didnt answer me!! Thanks for that, looks like UTV will be getting my business instead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Keep in mind that the Esat product (Advantage Plus) is €25 for unlimited 1-hour long local and national calls at any time of day. The UTV Talk product just covers evening and weekend calls. You're also tied into 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Keep in mind that the Esat product (Advantage Plus) is €25 for unlimited 1-hour long local and national calls at any time of day. The UTV Talk product just covers evening and weekend calls. You're also tied into 12 months.

On the other hand remember that with UTV Talk you can also make free calls to UK landlines in the evening and weekends.

It all depends on what sort of usage you have. However IMHO UTV deal is much better value then Esats.

Thanks for the ifo, went with UTV in the end as very rarely use landline during day, only in evenings etc and free calls to the UK good for me. Bit disapointed with esat also that despite 2 calls and 3 emails to them never got information I was looking for.

hopefully this deal will work out well. Mind you, compared to what I was paying with eircom. It has to!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Iol are also giving 1st mth line retal free when you sign up on the net. Received leaflet in the bill today.

Advertisement