Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 MOD Chip

Options
  • 30-10-2004 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if info on this is posted elsewhere on boards but i couldn't find it, I've bin thinking of getting my PS2 chipped for some time and was wondering if you guys could let me know how much id expect to pay and where i could get it done, i live in carlow but i would go to dublin to get it done. Also by getting it chipped is there any way it can ruin the PS2
    Thanks
    FI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i know someone in limerick who does it but from what i hear i doesnt ruin your ps2 imagine if i had my ps2 chipped i could have had GTA san andreas a lest a month before it came out and only pay 15 euro instead of paying ****ing 60 euro [i should get it done]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What do you mean only pay 15 euro?
    Since when do yea have to pay for warez games?
    also, if everyone did it your way, then there wouldn't be a gta made

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

jasus they're dear enough
    230for a ps2 new thats chipped?
    very pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thanks i knew of that website modchipsireland, i was thinking of more along the lines of locations of shops in southeast or dublin area where they chip your PS2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

The chip is €70 (ok prob costs him less) and a new ps2 is €159~ + he does the work and posts it to you anywhere in ireland. Not that bad a deal i would thinks + if you know better please let us know (Not just "jasus they're dear enough"). Not a you can get it on ebay or but the chip and do it yourself.... well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Thanks i knew of that website modchipsireland, i was thinking of more along the lines of locations of shops in southeast or dublin area where they chip your PS2
    `

if you here of any where in the southeast that mods the ps2 send me a PM please
    the only place i know so far is modchipsireland and call me paranoid but i dont want to send my ps2 through the postal system

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Seeing as the PSTwo is a top-loader, are there any cunning disc-swapping ways of by-passing the region lock-out?

swap disk/swap magic is something to look at but i think they ARE illegal but imm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The chip is €70 (ok prob costs him less) and a new ps2 is €159~ + he does the work and posts it to you anywhere in ireland. Not that bad a deal i would thinks + if you know better please let us know (Not just "jasus they're dear enough"). Not a you can get it on ebay or but the chip and do it yourself.... well?
    I know i'm not being constructive, but €70 is on the high side.
    My DMS 3 chip cost me $50 last january, and that was a single order, not bulk.

Anyway, what is the "best" chip now-a-days?

Still, if it's a new PSTWO, it would be worth the money.

• Advertisement

€70-$50 = €22~ to fit the thing AND post the PS2 back to you? thats not bad at all. I think according to Chris (modchipsireland.com) the infinity chip on his site is one of the best chips around at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

swap disk works fine for me. a lot cheaper too.

http://www.psxtune.com/psx2/orderslide.html

I read somewhere about them not playing ALL games only most + stories of burning out lasers/motors etc. but if thats all tripe then cool but i like the idea of no swapping for 45€ extra even if it does void the warranty.

well, a new ps2 costs 150 for the slimline.. I'm assuming the large one costs less don't it?

Advertisement