Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Thermostat - drain plug

Options
  • 30-10-2004 7:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The house is four years old.
    If I can't find the drain plug for the Gas central heating, could I get one of those self cutting taps and put it on a radiator to drain the system.

I'm leaving the normal on/off control on the radiators and putting the themostat on the other end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

If you take the cover off the front of the boiler, normally a removable panel, you should see a drain spigot. it looks like a garden hose connector. To answer your other question you could put a drain on any radiator pipe but remember houses are all different and it may not drain the whole system depending on where the main pipe is situated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Unfortunatley the Boiler is wall mounted 4 foot off the ground with pipes disappering in to the wall, no pipes lower down in that room or the next one.
    I'm trying to find old photos to see if any clues there.
    I can locate hot water pipes for dishwasher lower down - but I think they are on a different system to rads

Advertisement