Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music in The Buttery

Options
  • 30-10-2004 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anybody noticed the music they play in The Buttery. It's ****e. But I have it from a good source, from next week, there'll be a bit of rock 'n roll. Here's to better nights in The Buttery! What does everybody think of The Buttery anyways? I think it has potential.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It was better last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

When there's a good few people around it can be a good laugh, you're always likely to run into people you know anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It can be ok. TBH the buttery is large enogh for there to be music one end and none the other. I'd like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Boston wrote:
    It can be ok. TBH the buttery is large enogh for there to be music one end and none the other. I'd like that.

V. true, like that, some nights ye don't want yer convo drown'd out with music.....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Definition of maturity:
    SkyLynx wrote:
    V. true, like that, some nights ye don't want yer convo drown'd out with music.....

I agree with ya. Must say though. The music was fantistic this freshers week. Afro Dizz were insanely good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

SkyLynx wrote:

What ever happened to the spirit of rock and roll? Everyone knows that music improves with volume :D

John2 wrote:
    What ever happened to the spirit of rock and roll? Everyone knows that music improves with volume :D
    yes thats all well and good, but in a nice segregated part so if i'm talking to someone i can hear them. And well once i'm too drunk for proper conversation i can wander in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

There were two good bands there on Thursday although the second one took about half an hour to get ready and the "crowd" was at most 15 people

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

There were two good bands there on Thursday although the second one took about half an hour to get ready and the "crowd" was at most 15 people
    yeah sometimes those live music nights are packed and sometimes theyre not..but generally good anyhoo, well i normally end up having a good time anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

havent been to music thingy yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

nina hynes is playing this thursday in the buttery!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 film ed tfm

Watch out for the bands POLAR and 66E....they are playin' the buttery on the 2nd of Dec(a thursday)...they are really good live...should be a good night...if you wanna have a listen to their stuff you can download it from

www.polarofficial.com
    www.66earehome.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Andrew 83 wrote:
    you're always likely to run into people you know anyway.
    which can also be a bad thing :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

so who's going tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

ah, here's another thread...
    anyway Nina's not playing anymore its Hailite. sure what else are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

polar tomorrow? what time will they be on and off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Polar were cancelled at the last minute due to a double booking of the Buttery but they'll be on Trinity FM on Friday night 10pm - midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Saw Iain Archer there at the start of the year.
    Was ok, had to stand at the front though, all the pillars didn't make for a good view of the stage.

well im not going...tired after class party yesterday night! had to go in early today to do damn physics project so havent been able to recover yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

what was that yoke like bc? good? i went to the first one. they were both in dame lane?

• Advertisement

yeah it was in 4 dame lane, and yeah it was pretty good. I never expect class parties to be fantastic, but it was alright- i had a laugh anyways! :)

well im not going...

Is it me or does that make no sence? did the event not happen/get cancelled before you posted?

SkyLynx wrote:
    Is it me or does that make no sence? did the event not happen/get cancelled before you posted
    youre right, but please remember i was hungover at the time (thats my excuse and im sticking to it :D )

of course i'm right, i'm always right :p

In other less bizzare comments, hungover..hrmm..hate that... whiskey, no hangovers! though tend to remember everything i did the previous night....:s

SkyLynx wrote:
    though tend to remember everything i did the previous night....:s
    oh ive never forgotten what i did the previous night...well suppose thats prob because i dint get drunk very easily..it takes a LOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Grrrrrr.

oh ive never forgotten what i did the previous night...well suppose thats prob because i dint get drunk very easily..it takes a LOT!
    or you just don't try hard enough! :D

Advertisement