Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

really really need help with this........

• 30-10-2004 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

OK,..........Heres the deal..........

My mother and 18 year old (electric wheelchair, semi-paralyzed) sister live in an estate in Clondalkin. (not council houses unfortunately).
    They are there on their own, pretty much 24/7, and me getting there more than a cpl times a week is impossible.

For the last 6 months or so, they have been plagued by these two ****heads (and their occasional mates) aged about 15-17, who have spray painted the front of the house an garage, threw a stone at the head of my sister (which with her specific condition could have killed her), have the dogs (huge wicklow collies) scared sh1tless with bangers over the wall, and tons more unbelievable ****.

Problem is, the estate (aside from this one familly) is full of retired older people, many elderly women on their own, so these Fvckers know none of them will try report them to the cops an have apparently made it clear that if somone does, its brick thru window at 4am...... (they have done this).

Police have been approached, many times, they just say they cant do nothing other than talk with the parents etc, problem is, the parents dont give a damn, literally.... I mean, these two are literally sh1tting on their own doorstep, most parents, even the worst, would normally at least send them more then 10 doors away! Polics say that even with photo/cam evidence all they will get is mild slap on the wrists, which to these two, will have about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

This was a VERY quiet estate. like I said, all retired people mostly.

Today, I visit to find them throwing fireworks over the back wall trying to "hit a dog"............ I went out, did the usual threats, they just dont give a ****, Im in a chair too so I guess they basically think "he cant catch hold of us in that no matter what he says"........ an I gotta be sooo carefull, if I go as far as I "would like to", my mother an sister ....well..... who knows what this pair would do, bad enuf when they suspect it was u who went to the cops.

They are even suspected (guy is 99.9% sure), of breaking into the house of a 60 year old thrashing the house, in ways i doubt i can even mention here,.... its unbelievable.

:Sigh:
    I just dont know the best way of dealing with this without it possibly putting my sister and mam in real danger,.... if i had my way it would be a effing white van an a trip to the wicklow mountains for the pair of *****'rs.

Anyone got *any* ideas or has had to deal with this sorta stuff before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

M8 are you serious ? I hope your not joking !

If you are serious I might be able to help you, I know a few ppl in the South Dublin County Concil... I can give you a few numbers to call, but there's nothing you can do until Monday .

Would that help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Im *very* *very* serious.

Problem is, these houses are in a purchase estate, so they aint owned by the council, god i wish they were, then id have them evicted if it killed me. any help or ideas at all greatly appreciated tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Ok I'll pm you a few numbers on Monday when I get them.

great, thanks!!
    who knows, somone might know somthing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Didn't know it was possible to get 'hired goons' on the internet these days :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

you can get anything on the internet, especially these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's been a couple of threads like this in the past (can't remember on which board). One "solution" offered was to visit the local sinn fein office. They can be quite resourceful if you know what I mean.

*wink*wink*white van*balaclavas*nudge*nudge*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tell ya what, hired goons is the only thing that would stop the little knacker bastards from doing it again.

I would great satisfaction of dragging them into the bag of a transit with 6 other "goons" and bringing them out into the country somewhere. See how ****ing hard they are then, little bastards, no respect for anyone, not even a disabled young woman!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well just call the boys in and kick their heads in.... who says violence can't be solved with violence?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My Uncle is a member of Dublin City council , he lives in Ballyfermont, PM me and i'll send you his number,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

OK,..........Heres the deal..........

My mother and 18 year old (electric wheelchair, semi-paralyzed) sister live in an estate in Clondalkin. (not council houses unfortunately).
    They are there on their own, pretty much 24/7, and me getting there more than a cpl times a week is impossible.

For the last 6 months or so, they have been plagued by these two ****heads (and their occasional mates) aged about 15-17, who have spray painted the front of the house an garage, threw a stone at the head of my sister (which with her specific condition could have killed her), have the dogs (huge wicklow collies) scared sh1tless with bangers over the wall, and tons more unbelievable ****.

Problem is, the estate (aside from this one familly) is full of retired older people, many elderly women on their own, so these Fvckers know none of them will try report them to the cops an have apparently made it clear that if somone does, its brick thru window at 4am...... (they have done this).

Police have been approached, many times, they just say they cant do nothing other than talk with the parents etc, problem is, the parents dont give a damn, literally.... I mean, these two are literally sh1tting on their own doorstep, most parents, even the worst, would normally at least send them more then 10 doors away! Polics say that even with photo/cam evidence all they will get is mild slap on the wrists, which to these two, will have about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

This was a VERY quiet estate. like I said, all retired people mostly.

Today, I visit to find them throwing fireworks over the back wall trying to "hit a dog"............ I went out, did the usual threats, they just dont give a ****, Im in a chair too so I guess they basically think "he cant catch hold of us in that no matter what he says"........ an I gotta be sooo carefull, if I go as far as I "would like to", my mother an sister ....well..... who knows what this pair would do, bad enuf when they suspect it was u who went to the cops.

They are even suspected (guy is 99.9% sure), of breaking into the house of a 60 year old thrashing the house, in ways i doubt i can even mention here,.... its unbelievable.

:Sigh:
    I just dont know the best way of dealing with this without it possibly putting my sister and mam in real danger,.... if i had my way it would be a effing white van an a trip to the wicklow mountains for the pair of *****'rs.

Anyone got *any* ideas or has had to deal with this sorta stuff before?

And I suppose you'd have the same point of view if you heard about two kids being abducted and dumped in the mountains.
    You,I suspect would join in an anti-vigilante march...(oops,did I say that?) any day if it didn't directly involve you.
    I'm sure if anything did happen to these kids then the cops would be very interested in reading this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm sure if anything did happen to these kids then the cops would be very interested in reading this post.

I doubt it. They don't seem to be too bothered with this problem hence the reason for this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

And I suppose you'd have the same point of view if you heard about two kids being abducted and dumped in the mountains.
    You,I suspect would join in an anti-vigilante march...(oops,did I say that?) any day if it didn't directly involve you.

Yeah, in truth, if I heard that 2 kids had been abducted and terrorised and dumped in Wicklow, I'd be horrified... if I then found out what these "kids" had done, I wouldn't give a s**t.

I notice you had no suggestions to actually help in the horrible situation described above.

I'm so sick and tired of the usual "help the poor unfortunate victims of society who have no outlet for their overwhelming emotions other than to hurt others". The rest of us live in the same damn society, and guess what? We don't all act like that. There comes a point where teenage kicks turn into real violence. It seems these kids are pretty much almost there.

To FrankNfurter, I'm so sorry to hear of your story, it sickens me. I wish I had an answer for you. Any chance the whole neighbourhood could get their children and grandchildren (assuming they're over 18) to come out enforce to tackle the problem? A group of about 20 of you might be able to have some impact. And no, for the uber-pacifists out there, I am NOT suggesting violence. Also, you should film what they do as much as possible from now on. Any chance the papers might be interested?

Good luck, I hope you can teach those s**ts a lesson.

Yeah, in truth, if I heard that 2 kids had been abducted and terrorised and dumped in Wicklow, I'd be horrified... if I then found out what these "kids" had done, I wouldn't give a s**t.

I notice you had no suggestions to actually help in the horrible situation described above.

I'm so sick and tired of the usual "help the poor unfortunate victims of society who have no outlet for their overwhelming emotions other than to hurt others". The rest of us live in the same damn society, and guess what? We don't all act like that. There comes a point where teenage kicks turn into real violence. It seems these kids are pretty much almost there.
    In_Diana I completely second what Doper has said above, there are huge differences between mindless, needless violence, and dealing with somone who only, can only, and will only be taught about discipline by experiencing it.

As far as vigilante groups go, tell me, how would you presume to know my opinions on that issue without asking me first?

Anyways, on that issue as far as I am concerned, the cops in this country are rendered impotent by soft-hearted "rehab" groups, any guarda will tell you that his/her self,...and imho, those groups have a place, there *are* some kids / people who will genuinely be helped by rehab, *However*, there are also people (such as these two) who, are Just. Plain. Evil.
    As far as they are concerned, they have no idea of humanity, just some narcisistic (sp?) idea of their own self-importance.

Thanks the rest of u guys for the ideas and wishes, im open to all suggestions,....Im very interested in what anyone has to say about this, mainly because I need to hear as much as I can about what people think, and peoples own past experience with this, before I take any next step, whatever that may be.

Somone said to me yesterday, "The only way to deal with them is to make them more afraid of you tham they think you are of them"...... makes a lot of sense, or am i mad?

Im just really scared for my mam and sister, iv been here all day, *just in case* but in truth, I mean yeah, im well able to look after *myself*, but the truth is, anyone walking can outrun me on my chair, if i get close enuf no problem. but............

oh i dunno, bastards like these two are the reason things like what happened to that poor child in england happen.
    I am just. so. pissed. off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

God love you. I wish i could think of something really helpful to say to you. I remembered what my son said to me about two yrs ago, he was only 16 at the time. He said, "mom how can i be sure that when I have children that they wont turn out bad?" my heart went out to him.. (i think he was being bullied a bit at the time) I tried to assure him that any child being reared by a sensitive soul like him would not turn out bad.
    It is so sad to think of cpls that almost every one of us knows, who cant have children for one reason or another. and they would make such wonderful parents. A young couple near us lost their first baby 3mts ago. seeing their pain was heartbreaking.
    One wonders, when the mother or father of those little ****ers held them in their arms as tiny babies, what were their feelings? surely they didnt want to rear thugs???
    I feel so very sorry for your situation. unfortunatly, it is not your estate alone. almost every estate in the country have them. and its not just council houses, as some people would like to think. I live in a council estate and I have the best neighbours anyone could have... of course there is always one family!!!!
    All I can offer you is my prayers.

Gubby,
    I myself live in a council estate, right in the middle of neilstoown, and have done for nearly 6 years this year.
    I have the best, most helpfull neighbours you could ever imagine, and in six years here have yet to come accross a situation where somthing like this would be allowed to occur. See, with our council houses, the council have power of eviction, unfortunately where my mam is they are purchased houses so no one have eviction power. god do i wish....

Having spoken to the parents gubby, i get the idea that they didnt so much hold them in their arms as babies but more a case of held arms in their buggies.

.....*sigh* damn im tired

sounds like apocalypse now out here lol, the good thing is that Im seeing a lot of kids going out *with* their parents this year :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Frankenfurter, i also live in clondalkin, well used to in the Dutch Village, and my parents are still there. they have a pyscho neighbour too, he is only early 20's and loves nothing more than to sit outside house spitting at my mam coming in with shopping. Now im talking about a 20yr old spitting and giving abuse to a 65yr old woman! I was coming in there a few weeks ago and he thought it would be great to chase me around with a Knife and broom handle..I was hammered and got all brave tried to stand up to him, and if his mother and my mother had not of come out to try resolve situation he rob would have stabbed me! He beats his own parents, his sister, his brother and he has put the window through in his parents house so many times its unbelievable, and after all this...his parents do nothing cos they love him..HA! What i did was through frinds of mine who know friends of his, i spread the word that he was going to get sorted if he kept it up. It got back to him and when he heard that rather than me telling him i would get him sorted that others were hearing it too and it was getting back to him, he decide not to cause any trouble since. Maybe could you try that angle? If not, and i am not typecasting here, but contact your local sinn fein'er and ask for their advice. They are used to this kind of thing and giving advice. Also set up a handicam if you have one in the back window and alternate to the front windowevery day or so, and set it to vhs player at night or time that most the stuff is happening. If you can catch them on camera you have a case for the gardai, last step dude if all else fails and its not the best one but only one i can think of is to move or well.. possible get the boys talked to if ya know what i mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble and hassle your parents are getting... those little ba**ards need to be taught a lesson.. have you given any thought to ringing up a few radio shows e.g Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy?? I dont know if it would do any good but i think if people heard that disabled people were getting this type of hassle from scumbags maybe something would come out of it. I hope things get sorted out for your mum and sister. Unfortunately these scumbags only react to violence... and as you say their parents done give a sh*t...

Advertisement