Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving Obscene Text Messages

Options
  • 30-10-2004 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi this is my first ever post but i have been on to this site many times. im sure from past threads some one can surely help me. my problem is that i am receiving obscene and abusive messages both to my phone and to a friends phone. have not been abl to get on to the service provider (vodafone) but the gardai are looking into my claim. just wondering if anyone out there would have any idea how i could trace who owns the number on my own? this person seems to know a lot about us. anyone. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Comments

Hi, if you are receiving text messages then I'd assume you have the number. Although its possible to hide numbers from an SMS message its impossible to do it from a phone.
    If you have the number then I guess it is possible to do something, but only if the number is registered. Without a registration for the number I'm not sure what can be done I'm afraid.

I know some people will say "change your number" but in many cases this isn't a viable option - I know from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Report it to the garda, they will contact your mobile phone company and get all possible information, you can then persue the matter if you want.

The sender of the messages may not have registerer their name but if they did any top up via a credit card or other stuff like that they can be traced. Also, keep the messages, show them to the gardas they have sometimes ring the number and have a "word".

SG

Advertisement