Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COH: Trick or Treat.

• 30-10-2004 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Intresting event for halloween in COH. Basically you click on doors and get a treat or get a couple of halloween monsters.

The downside is the muppets who leave mobs and then run off. Gotten owned by 3 high level mobs so far. :/

The other thing is the 50ft pumpkin. I bumped into it first in Kings Row with my new character and got totally owned. In fact there were corpses everywhere.

I finally managed to get my badge off that, and also all the trick or treat badges.

On another note.. Invisible power is a good laugh. You get to see the emotes or what the baddies are getting up to that you wouldn't normally see. Like this (clearly crime isn't paying enough).

Heres another picture. Somewhat halloweeny.

Trying a pure dark defender now. I have heard they are extremly powerful at high levels and rare. So far its pretty cool and the powers are extremly strong. The downside is you have to attack someone to use any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 P45

It was a great event... a whole lotta fun. I managed to 6 badge 3 of my toons, and just grabbed "Hallow Spirit" on the remaining ones. I wound up helping others get their's, after that.

You should have been in Steel Canyon, with multiple spawns of the pumpkin (some with 3 at a time) and all their wee cohorts, it was a blast! What's more... 40+ ppl beating down on them; all those effects going off; me on ISDN, and absolutely sod all lag.... I was very impressed. Man but those pumpkins took some beating (very good xp too ;) ).

Oh well, back to my regular viewing, until the next event... missions. I have a "date" with "Igneous" tonight, and if I've time, I'll help out on a COT run.

[Typo's]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yeah, got full sets for 5 toons :)

Then went 50ft pumpkin hunting. Was great having "pumpkin watch" all over the maps (low level was in atlas, my main was in steel canyon). However, I thought the easiest way to eliminate this "dire threat that could overrun the city" would be if everyone stopped clicking on doors :)

I would have preferred if all the doors opened and spewed monsters all over the place at midnight on halloween :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The steel Canyon one I managed to kill once with a group of high levels.

I bumped into him in Skyway city. Way too high level for me and swarming with Stengs, so thinking I could get a hit and run I tried it. Almost made it to exit (thing was just slightly faster then me). *BAM* dead in one shot.

The Kings Row one was much better with a group. I managed to make almost 4 levels from those in one hour. They spawned in 3's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, there was a few occasions with 6 pumpkin kings, Great to see devs that care SO much, even right down to the mythology of the whole event, they got it SPOT on!! incredible.

One of the pumpkin kings invaded the dance party last night too, if you beat him you got a special temporary title too!! "Dance defender" I think.

I got all the badges in PI with my SG, twas a good event, but I was hoping for an invasion to top it all off, I thought the emergency notice was a bit OTT considering we were causing them to come out!(as was mentioned already)

Lots of fun though

Advertisement