Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick recap

Options
  • 30-10-2004 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I didnt see any star gate last year due to LC. Whats been ahppening and whats the story with SG atlantas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I pitty you putting LC before SG i had my LC last year SG1 was more important. BTW im also not going to tell you because your not worthy of the infirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

A go on, pretty please with a cherry on top - just the basic plot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

The Asguard defrosted Jack, but they were having a bit of a problem themselves with the replicators who had gotten out of the time-delay field. While Jack still had the Ancient knowledge, he built a gun that took out replicators, but one of the human form replicators (Fifth) got away. Fifth was also obsessed with Carter, and has made himself a replicated version of her.

They aslo found out Anubis' essence had survived his ship being destroyed, and was floating around Earth without a body. He took over a Russian cosmonaut on the international space station, and then began randomly swapping bodies to try to get access to the Stargate. SG-1 picked up on this and sent him to a very icy world, where his body froze.

SG-Atlantis then packed off to the dwarf galaxy Pegasus. They have no way of communicating with Earth until they find more ZPMs (power cells). They've found a new enemy called the Wraith who are a bit vampire-like. Most of the other inhabitants of the galaxy base their existence around surviving Wraith attacks in various ways. So far, the Wraith seem to be a bit crap, but I assume they have something in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thank you, that was most helpful. one question, how did they get to the dwarf galaxy Pegasus?? did they know they wer'nt coming back?? whats with the city underwater (i saw an ad for it). watched SG1 untill about year and half ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

how did they get to the dwarf galaxy Pegasus??
    Took the Stargate. There was an Ancient outpost buried under Antarctica which had the address
    did they know they wer'nt coming back??
    It was an 8 symbol address, which needed an extrordinary amount of power to dial. They only had enough power to dial it once, but the hope was that they would be able to find more of the Ancient's power cells and other goodies when they got there
    whats with the city underwater
    That's Atlantis, the lost city of the Ancients. There's a bit of a clue in the title of the show you see :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Hmm that seems a bit out of place, perhaps I missed 2 seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Last year you missed most of the Anubis story line.
    I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case.
    Anubis had found a way to ascend but the Ancients rejected him and tried to send him back to the lower plane of existance. Anubis resisted and managed to maintain some form of being ascended and was extra powerful.
    While on Abydos (I think) Daniel (who was ascended at this time) found a tablet speaking about the lost city. He instructed the others to give Anubis the eye of Ra, an ancient artifact that was extremely powerful, so that they could live through the situation and search for the lost city.
    While Anubis' troops were on the ground trying to get the Eye of Ra, his ship was surrounded by at least 10 ships of a goa'uld aliance that was attempting to destroy him. When SG-1 gave up the Eye Anubis immeadiately wiped out all the ships surrounding him with a super cool weapon.
    Anubis also managed to capture Thor at one point and put a mind probe in his brain learning much of the Asguard technology. Thor took over the ship though and flew it to earth for a nail biting 2 parter which was a kind of initiation for Jonas.
    I may have gotten my time line mixed up a bit here but I'll go on anyway.
    Daniel tries to attack Anubis, interviening with the lower plane of existence. The ancients don't like this and cast him down.
    Skip a bunch of stuff ..... Anubis creates these super soldiers which can withstand any weapon ... claymores, C4, Zats etc. Sam manages to make a weapon that'll stop them but Anubis has an army.
    Skip to the end of the season. Sg-1 are on another planet following a lead in thier search for the lost city. They find one of those head grabbing things that gives the person who sticks their head in the entire knowledge of the ancients.
    Jack sticks his head in and they blow it up to stop Anubis getting his hands on it (He's after the lost city aswell now).
    Jack starts spoutin ancient after a while and then comes up with an address for a remote planet.
    Jack modifies a Tok'ra scout ship so that it goes super fast and SG-1, Bre'tac and a Jaffa rebel head out to this remote planet. There they find an old outpost of the ancients. Jack goes in sits on the chair and brings up a nice view of earth and says "Terra Atlantus", everyones all "whoa, atlantis is on earth?". Jack then grabs the ZPM (Zero Point Module) which is the power source for the outpost. The place starts to crumble and the folks leg it.
    As they are heading back to earth who should pop into orbit? None other than Anubis in his big feck off ship with it's super modified weapons.
    The president gives him the old we'll never bow down to you speach.
    At this point Anubis is holding off because they people of earth have let him believe they have technology of the ancients capable of destroying him.
    Anubis then starts to think otherwise reasoning, If you have these weapons you would have used them by now and starts to attack the navy fleets sinking a few ships.
    All of a sudden SG-1 pop back into orbit and have some minor cardiac failure.
    On the way Jack has been modifying the scout ship again.
    Anubis' people see the scout ship and send a few squadrons after it.
    Earths people see the scout ship and send a few squadrons and Prometheus to protect it.
    The scout ship stops somewhere over the south pole and Jacks modification starts to melt the ice by using the ring transporter.
    Anubis' squadrons approach.
    Earths squadrons approach.
    Battle is joined and Prometheus positions itself protectively over the scout ship which is now stationary.
    The ice is finally melted and SG-1 ring down into the hole that's created.
    Jack sits down in the ancient chair and starts playing with the gooey finger panel.
    Anubis beams in some super warriors the team start fighting to protect Jack.
    All of a sudden the place ruptures and these glowing missiles start erupting from beneath the super soldiers.
    The missiles shoot out of the entrance created by jack and start seeking the Goa'uld squadrons. Hammaond has already ordered the Prometheus to engage Anubis' mothership and they roar into orbit.
    Anubis is laughing at their pitiful attack but then sees the glowing missiles come up by the Prometheus and pass it. The missiles pass right through the shields and decimate Anubis' ship.
    Hammond orders the Prometheus to break off course and we watch the splendid sight of Anubis' fleet being ripped to shreds.

At this point Jack has been almost overcome by the sheer volume of knowledge being released into his mind.
    He stumbles around the chamber with the help of the team. He leans into a hollow in the wall and says something in Ancient. Daniel interprets it to mean sleep.
    With tears in their eyes they step back and watch as Jack gets chryogenicly frozen.

Now skip back up to Mr. Angry's post.

Advertisement