Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back

• 04-09-2001 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Dunno if its released in Ireland (in Boston atm) but its very very good. Totally crude humour, lots of dick and fart jokes, but really well done. A good few injokes referring to the movies linked to it (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma) but anyone who hasn't seen those movies will enjoy it all the same. Personally, I haven't laughed so hard since Something About Mary smile.gif Go and see it when it comes out, you won't be disappointed....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i heard that the release date here has been pushed back a couple of months. ne1 know anything about this?

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

all I know is that I cant wait to see this smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Theres probs w/ the movies anti-gay stance & various jokes by Jay. The gay lobby in the states are suppossed to be suing Kevin Smith.

I dont think this will delay the release here though. Neway, cant wait for it to come out.

BTW it wasn't listed in the list of forthcoming films in the Irish Times "Ticket" last week ??

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 spider45646

it's due out in the uk 0n 30th November I think so it should be out over here around the same time. Also the trouble with the gay league has died down slightly because kevin smith has donated some of the profits to them.Looks hilarious. [SG]BGA if u r in the usa try and pick up the clerks animated series, same type of humour well worth the money.

gentlemen you can't fight here. this is the war-room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm not entirely sure where the anti-gay stance is coming from?

The movie is funny however I don't think it's everyones type of movie. Also some of the humor seemed to change from View Askew to SNL.

Also I got the impression the movie was more of Kevin asking Jason "So which chicks you want to see and what do you want them to do" smile.gif

It had me in stitches and I now have a deeper understanding to internet webboard posters. smile.gif A lot of quotes which I'm sure you'll see appear on the net like "Don't you know who I am? I'm the pie ****er!"

Btw, between American Pie 2 and J+SB I would have to say I found American Pie 2 funnier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i saw it the other day (i'm in California) and i still dunno what to make of it. i know i missed a lot of the jokes, but the first half was terrible i thought.
    i was never too fond of the Scary Movie-type spoofs that take off every big film of the past 10 years, and these jokes were nothing new. there were a few funny bits, but only a few.

when they got to hollywood, there were some really funny bits, i was really laughing out loud at some of that. the end was hilarious also... tracking down the forum posters.

it was OK, but not worth the $9 i payed to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Ah yeah, its good fun and really wood. It's his best film since Mallrats (and even picks up where mallrats left off) but, in fairness, the big budget and stuff - kinda ruins it doesn't it?

I'm not spoiling any of it for anyone (and anyone scared that the trailer gives away too much, dont worry, there are tonnes of more jokes) but it's just no Mallrats. Mallrats is his best film ever because it's special smile.gif

Still well worth a look.

Ahh... Hobbes, American Pie 2 funnier? Nah, J&SBSB is way better! But American Pie 2 is definitely as good as the first one I reckon. That shannon elizabeth.... *gurgle* *gurgle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A lot of the jokes were related to Kevin Smith and his previous films. If you know what went on with his previous films (both watching them and the background in making/releasing them) then a lot more makes sense.

It's a complete p1sstake and they don't hide the fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

If its as good as mallrats then i'll be laugh me ass off!!!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

Advertisement