Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Anschutz?

Options
  • 31-10-2004 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I've gotten a request from a shooter over here who's looking at visiting Anschutz in the next month or two over a suspected dodgy barrel - has anyone got a link to a "how to get to Anschutz from the airport" page or map?
    Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Try
    www.reiseplanung.de
    it is about the best.Just put in the street address and/or the postal code[postleitzahl]where you are and your destination and it will give you directions to the door of anschutz.
    www.arrive alive.co.uk
    has the same ,more awkward to use and not as accurate.

If he is driving,try to get a car with sat nav facilities.Again enter where you want to go,and the car will almost drive you there.
    Failing that,grab a cab in Ulm from the hotel or whereever.They will get you there.
    Am assuming he is flying to Munich ?Dont think Ulm has an intl airport.
    Take a train or drive.Ulm is appx 1.5 hours SW from Munich Trains are fast,punctual[+/- 10 mins] and pretty plentiful.Bit expensive tho

Dont worry to much about the lingo.85% of the younger Germans speak English pretty well.Although they will respect you more and be more helpful if you make a complete bollix of trying to speak German first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

You can also fly into Stuttgart. As far as I can remember it's about halfway between Munnich and Stuttgart and Stuttgart is a far easier airport to find your way around. Munich is HUGE.

I was there in 1995 (fadó, fadó etc). What I did was fax them with the dates available for me to visit (you can email them now, the addresses are on the website) Matthias Raiber is probably your best bet. Anyway, they faxed me back with an appointment and directions which were very easy to follow. As I recall, it's very easy to find.

If you make an appointment, you get the full works; a tour of the factory from the factory floor to the test range, taking in every part of the process of manufacture as well as a little lesson on guin care and trigger setting etc. I met Dieter Anschutz who gave me some posters and I was there from 8am until lunch time.

Hopefully the same hospitality is still afforded visitors, baceause it was really overwhelming how genuinely helpful they were. Speaking of German is absolutely not necessary as everyone speaks English there.

Advertisement