Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro Movie Star Trek: CTU Mod for Bridge Commander

Options
  • 31-10-2004 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

It's taken me just over four days to get this right but i'm finally happy with the finished product. This is an intro movie for a Star Trek: Bridge Commander mod that i'm working on. It's basically a mod for '24 in space' with starfleet having it's own counter terrorist unit. Anyways what i used was, 3D Studio Max 7, Premier Pro and Particle Illusion SE. Feedback appreciated and badly needed as i have no idea how good this mod is. One user might remember giving me some help with this a while back (i did the second part of the movie first then left it for a while...).

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/stevetrek/CTU_Mod_Intro.wmv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

4 days is quite a while well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Hmmmm.... ;) Is it me or do I recognize the transporter FX ?
    The LCARS is great ! Very well done !
    Btw: how are sthings going with Pi ? :D

Maybe some hints for things to improve:
    1. Slow down the Sovereign and especially the torpedo...it's hardly noticable
    right now.
    2. The Earth glow is a little too strong. Maybe try lower the glow some.

The Admiral

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

im finished with this intro movie... no more tweaking. And yes you do recognise the transporter fx, well the curtain at the start anyways... it's yours!!! hehe. Ohh and by the way... it's not a sovereign, it's a class we designed for the mod called the Endurance-A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep achilles your stuff just gets better and better, id agree with admiral though, slow down the ship just a tad and your away

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its alright the glow off earth is way way way to bright and what does picard have to do with some counter terrorist unit ? the ship looks far to much like the enterprise - E and the name Endurance-A shouldnt be used haveing a letter after the name is a honnor only for the enterprise the changeing of the san palos (sp?) name to Uss defiant after the first defiants death should of made this clear....No bloody A B C or D (got to love scotty)

• Advertisement

Hey i didn't name the ship go complain to the guys at CTU. The glow from the earth may be way too bright but i'm happy with the intro as it is. The whole point of picard being in the intro was like the 24 logo was giving him some sort of coded message from Section 31 to carry out some kind of mission, basically the whole premise being that they can get to anyone, and the first part, IE the CGI, is meant to be Picard's Dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Ummm sorry to drag this a bit off topic but does anybody know where I might pick up a (preferably cheap) copy of Bridge Commander? I played a demo at the time and didnt think a whole lot of it but I've played Starfleet Command 3 to death and with the lack of any new ST games I think I need to go back in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Wow, I actually have no clue how long such a thing might take but I liked it a lot. Well done!

thanks tj :-) Erm, kencleary, i'd doubt you'd be able to pick it up anywhere anymore to be honest as it's over three years old, was released in 2001 if i'm not mistaken. It's a fairly crap game actually to start off with, it only comes into it's own when you start downloading mods like nanofx2, advanced technology pack, not to mention the various other great ships and stations to install. I know there are more mods but i can't list them all here lol. Hell i've even made a few of my own. Check out www.bcfiles.com for all the mods, and if ya wanna check out mine (lol well they're only menu mods really) then go to the search section and type in Steve_k as the author.

Advertisement