Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 2005 vs PRO EVOLUTION 4

• 31-10-2004 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Having played both quite a bit, I've been converted from FIFA to PRO-EVO.

The gameplay on the new FIFA is a massive improvement on last years, but it still doesn't match Pro-evo for reaction time & general game play. FIFA will always have the upper hand on the licencing front, with all the proper team kits, sponsors and player names, so neutrals would probably prefer FIFA.

FIFA 2005 vs PRO EVOLUTION 4 7 votes

FIFA 2005
    0% 0 votes
    PRO EVO
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

You can get patches for Pro Evo which give you all the kits and stuff .

Pro Evo is much better , and you only have to consult threads on the games forum (which is where this should be) to see that its better .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Am I right in thinking you can play the PC version of PE 4 with other players over the internet? If so I'd probably buy the PC version. You can get a USB adapter which allows you to use your Playstation control pad on the PC. That would be addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eirebhoy wrote:
    Am I right in thinking you can play the PC version of PE 4 with other players over the internet? If so I'd probably buy the PC version. You can get a USB adapter which allows you to use your Playstation control pad on the PC. That would be addictive.

yes you can play over the internet with the new one , and I got my USB adapter just for PES 3 :D . There was a thread on the games forum trying to organise a sort of league thingy .

and oh look 2 stupid people/people who voted for FIFA already .Everyones entitled to their opinion :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

wynters wrote:
    so idiots would probably prefer FIFA.
    Here here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

wynters wrote:
    I've been converted from FIFA to PRO-EVO.
    Im not a playstation owner but have played both a lot, and what seals the deal for me is, how many people have you heard say this, and then think how many people have you heard go the opposite way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Big Ears wrote:

and oh look 2 stupid people/people who voted for FIFA already .Everyones entitled to their opinion :rolleyes: .

why are the stupid for liking one game over another?
    maybe they prefer the game play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

why are the stupid for liking one game over another?
    maybe they prefer the game play?
    Hey WWM - did you forget a smiley after that last comment?
    oh wait.. you werent being sarcastic? :D

IMO (and that of a lot of other people also) is that the gameplay in the pro evo series far outstrips the FIFA series. Admittedly, i used to love fifa up to fifa 2k, but then it just got way too arcadey simple. No skill was needed. PES though, there are so many stages of learning to the game. You think you are good at it, then you meet someone better and you learn there is another level of skill above yours. Its incredibly good.

Ten thumbs up.

no, i never said it was better, or worse, im just amazed at how someone can just dismiss someone elses opinion, and then turn around and say they are entitled to it.
    it seems.... stupid!

but i hate football games anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is the PC version actually released yet?

• Advertisement

Think i saw it down as Nov 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Pro Evo 4 is clearly the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

eirebhoy wrote:
    where can u get it? if u can, tell me in the shops preferably

I dont know which shops you can get it in (maybe peats? or game?) but you can definitely get it on www.play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

when is pro evo 4 out for xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it better be good, i'm in the hunt for a new football game

but the demo for PES was so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Gangsta wrote:
    where can u get it? if u can, tell me in the shops preferably
    The USB adapter? here (free shipping):

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=114167

I think Game have them too but not sure if they take 2 controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Illkillya wrote:
    when is pro evo 4 out for xbox?

Nov 19th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Fifa is for those people who don't really follow football but feign interest when in a large group of avid man u fans screaming at the screen as portsmouth score their second or when Ireland reach the world cup and end up asking all those random stupid questions in the middle of a game.

Although saying that I have 2 friends who know relatively little about football but due to constant pressure they are now avide pes fans, so it does appeal to the masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

kensutz wrote:
    Nov 19th
    Been playing it for nearly 2 weeks ;)

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    Fifa is for those people who don't really follow football but feign interest when in a large group of avid man u fans screaming at the screen as portsmouth score their second or when Ireland reach the world cup and end up asking all those random stupid questions in the middle of a game.

Although saying that I have 2 friends who know relatively little about football but due to constant pressure they are now avide pes fans, so it does appeal to the masses.

sprinkles asked me to put this on the thread, since i called him a twat while giving him negative karma for such a stupid post.

sprinkles, youre a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'm inclined to agree with WWM. I am a football fan and I play FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

bazH wrote:
    Been playing it for nearly 2 weeks ;)

On the xbox???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

sprinkles wrote:

I'm going to be polite and say that what you've just written there is nonsense.

I've been playing FIFA 2005 for a few weeks now and it's quite good. Only association with PES for me was when I rented out PES 3 for a couple of nights, never did take to it for some reason, found it clumsy with appallingly bad graphics. Having said that, I'll buy PES 4 when it comes out to see what the PES community are creaming themselves over.

irish1 wrote:
    On the xbox???
    A beta was leaked a few weeks back.
    Had a few bugs such as swapping controllers for penalties and corner kicks. Apart from that i think it was fully working.

Advertisement