Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPod vs iRiver

• 31-10-2004 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey there,

I'm looking for some advice.....Christmas is just round the corner and an mp3 player is top on my wishlist! (isn't it on everyones?!) My brother has an iPod so all our mp3's are in iTunes format, but I'm thinking of getting an iRiver, mostly due to its longer battery life. I've also heard from some that its actually better than the iPod on many levels. However, I wanna know if I'll have trouble transfering my music in the iTunes format to a format compatible with the iRiver?! I'm completely clueless on all this format business, what it all means etc....but I am aware that the different formats may cause some difficulties.

Anyone out there able to enlighten me or tell me whether or not iTunes format will work on an iRiver, or will I have to convert the iTunes files? Is this possible?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

you will have to again rip all the files that you've ripped using itunes unless you chose to save them as mp3's

and yes, an iriver is worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Have a look on the Home Entertainment and Computers board, there are threads there about them.

John

Advertisement