Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 modchip

Options
  • 31-10-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

YOYO! is there anywhere in dublin that will modchip ur ps2???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Isn’t that illegal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

modding them is fine its the firmware that is put on the mod chip that could be illegal. So alot of places are modding ps2s with blank bios's [or legal bios's] this is how its done on the xbox. But you can always change the firmware yourself and put legal or illegal bios's on it. thats up to you

i am not endorsing copyright avoidance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

i know about that site... i just wanna go into a shop and have it done quick and simple... id pay up to 80 euro for it.. anywhere in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am sure no established business would risk doing this as its such a grey area. you are only going to get individuals doing it. just email/ring one of the people on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

this is not for me but a mate he just got himself the new GTA san andreas? game it from the shop he hasnt got a chiped ps2 ..his problem is that this new disc and all his old ones wont play now it keeps coming up read or disc error ...any one got any ideas???? it powers up and so on ..he is giving it to me to have a look at ..i was going to clean the laser ???anything eles to look out for

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

check out this site
    www.psxservices.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=25
    it has two options for you-
    you can purchase the mod chip yourself and install it, which will **** up your warranty and possibly your console if you make a bollocks of installing it.
    the second choice (the one which i recommend),is the PS2 SLIDE CARD COMBO, it is a set of boot up disc's for the ps2, costing roughly half the price of the mod chip. the beauty of this is that it doesn't affect your warranty and since it a software mod it cant do anything to your hardware. have a look at the site and see what you think. it delivers to EIRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dubdvd wrote:
    this is not for me but a mate he just got himself the new GTA san andreas? game it from the shop he hasnt got a chiped ps2 ..his problem is that this new disc and all his old ones wont play now it keeps coming up read or disc error ...any one got any ideas???? it powers up and so on ..he is giving it to me to have a look at ..i was going to clean the laser ???anything eles to look out for

he needs a new laser. There is 3 generations of lasers and the first will have problems reading the disk.

you can purchase any spare parts for the ps2 or any console at the site i mentioned in previous post(above). take a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

reccomend the slide card, works a treat, you have to remove front disk tray, easy to do, may have a mate with spares, pm me and ill get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

dubdvd wrote:

Tell him to ring up sony and tell them he wants a replacement because it doesnt work anymore. They will call to his house with a new one and take the faulty one

uniflu like meself recommends the slide and boot-up disc's, the easiest way to play backed up ps2 games. also as if you didn't know ps2 dvd games have no protection, so using copy wizard in a program like ALCOHOL 120 and the right dvd+rw you can make perfect back-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

bush wrote:
    Tell him to ring up sony and tell them he wants a replacement because it doesnt work anymore. They will call to his house with a new one and take the faulty one

a new ps2 or a new laser

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I bought the slide magic discs here.

http://www.chipspain.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_58&products_id=105

Only 22 euro delivered I think.Excellent and plays every backup Ive made( of my own games that is)Plus all the games I brought back from the States(Need an ntsc Tv though)
    Richie

hellrazer, throw another 8.95 onto that price, they only deliver through ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

i got my all region and all game console in from mainland europe .
    but my brother got his ps2 done for 100 euro with san andreas.
    pm me .
    his machine works a charm. .and i think it even plays ntsc as pal.

i got great enternement playing games months b4 anyone over here .

just the warranty snag if youre getting your irish console done......

so its a 50/50 gamble

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

heffo9 wrote:
    hellrazer, throw another 8.95 onto that price, they only deliver through ups.

Well they`ve changed it so.Because it was only €3.95(I still have the invoice) for shipping when I ordered it about 6-8 weeks ago.Its still cheaper than the UK sites.I was quoted £35.00 including delivery from some sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

so how good are these swap magic disks?

they are very reliable and easy to use. at the end of the day you are not doing any damage to the internal hardware, also the console functions as normal when not using the disc's. i highly recommend the disc's as a good alternative to mod chips for playing the backed-up games. join these with the program 'alcohol 120' and who know's what you could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

cdebru wrote:
    a new ps2 or a new laser

PS2

• Advertisement
Advertisement