Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb contract nearly up now what?

• 31-10-2004 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

As the subject sugests my contrat is up at the end of november and i was wondering what my options are regarding other bb providers.
    I'm curently on the plus option which seems to work fine for gaming and the cap is more than enough, not to often that i exceed 8gigs.
    Does the contract just extend on and can i opt out of it at anytime? Should i change to a different provider that has better value for money? Do they exist yet in ireland?
    I'm in cavan to so ntl i know is out of question.
    Thanks in advance

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you're happy with them you may aswell stay with them :)

If you're on the Plus option, then the cap is 16GB (each way) - not 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I'm in the same boat

I think what Jozi is asking is what options are out there, I can't get cable so NTL is out of the question.

If you look in other countries (yes I know were in RipOff Ireland) they have 1mb to 3mb connections for around €40 per month

I spoke to EsatBT and they can only offer me cheaper connection if I join them for telephone services. Quoting the teleagent "we will have offers on our internet services in the new years, its getting very competitive..."

So is there another good service to switch too?
    Whats required to switch?
    Will they look for a 12 month contract?

In retort to RobertFoster, were looking for options, this is what board members are skilled in providing, if it comes back that EastBT is the best option then so be it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my current housing situation is getting a bit sketchy, and i'm just about to cross the end of my 3rd month of free trial...

i'd love to know how easy it is to get out of the 12 month contract (if at all possible)
    i could be moving out of this place within the next week, or it could be a another year... so i don't really want to cancel my lovely esat :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Look at this BB comparison:
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/staticpages/index.php?page=20030903212035303

You will have to pay 80 euro if you move house and stay with IOLBB, or the full remainder of the contract :( if you decide to quit completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Also visit
    http://www.broadband.gov.ie/BBInfo/home.aspx
    and check "Service by location", this list most/all BB options in your area. IMHO, Ripwave/Breeze from http://www.irishbroadband.ie/ is the most cost effective option if you don't have a phoneline or want to ditch your phoneline. It is not available everywhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Can anyone in post first-year with IOL BB tell us first-year people if you are tied into another 12 month contract or can you leave it any time during the post-initial 12-month period?

FYI: NTL is beginning to install broadband in Saggart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Can anyone in post first-year with IOL BB tell us first-year people if you are tied into another 12 month contract or can you leave it any time during the post-initial 12-month period?
    You can leave at any time after the initial 12 month contract.

I need to knuckle down the request here!

Okay were finished the 12 months, its over , we can move at a whim

We can't get NTL, I don't want wireless (on the basis it sucks!)

So, is there a provider offering higher than 512/128 k for around €40 per month or less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Lawdie wrote:

So, is there a provider offering higher than 512/128 k for around €40 per month or less?

Does that exist, if so who?

Jozi

Does the IOLBB contract need to be cancelled in advance or do they terminate the account immediately? In other words, my contract is up at the end of this month, should I begin the process now or if I ring up and cancel the service at the end of the month will they cancel immediately safe in the knowledge that I avoid being stung with an extra month's charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Lawdie wrote:

Answer really is NO. If you are happy with your service then keep it

Thanks GLINE for a straight answer, someone will make a better offering soon....
    Until then yes I'm no eager to leave just looking for the best connection deal

Further to cancelling IOLBB, I received my first bill yesterday since last November. Date for cancellation is end of December yet they've charged me right up till February 2005.

Anybody got experience in getting this money back?

Advertisement