Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cardcaptors

• 29-08-2001 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hey does anyone else like this program with its epic music and gigantic eyed people? I think it really rocks, anyone else?

I'm a card captor........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yeah, it used to be on Nick @ 4 during July, aint seen it on since.

Brilliant Anime childrens cartoon. Tho its really wasted on kids imo, the Art work / Animation is stunning.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Its still on...at 3:30 now. But Nick keep doing these stupid "Watch your own week" things. So it could be on anytime of the day. :/

"Ca bhfuil an buama?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I saw it about 6 times in the last three days on nick cause everone votes for it. So epic!

Not when Sabrina the Teenage bítch is on...
    Hey Arnold even beat it yesterday...ugh...Hey Arnold

/me shudders

"Ca bhfuil an buama?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

When it comes to anime there is only one thing i must say;

"TENCHI MUYO RULEZ!!!!!!!

that is all u may return to your normal lifes and leave me here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Grrrrrrrr, I hate Sabrina. All those Muppets vote for that slút.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

GGGGGGGUUUUUUNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM or 3x3 eyes never seen card captors.I like anime though personaley my favourite is perfect blue (not sure if thats the name)the story is sublime and it is well acted id recommend it but gundam i just keep going back for more of gundam.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i like sabrina.
    she has nice t1ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's well worth picking up the DVDs of Card Captors - the ones released as "Card Captor Sakura", which is the original Japanese edit of the series.

The version shown on TV in the USA and Europe is hacked to ribbons; they've changed the continuity of it entirely, left out almost half the episodes in season one, edited out most of the true relationships between the characters, and it gets even more interesting in season two - they decided that the whole plot of season two was "too difficult and mature" for a western audience so they hacked it COMPLETELY to bits, edited in footage from season one and basically made up a new plot.

It's not *bad* in its western form, but watching it is a soul-destroying experience for anyone who was a fan of the original. I'm terrified of what the ****ers are going to do to Angelic Layer (the next series from that studio) when it comes out... I bet they edit out all the battles for being too violent or something like that. Lameness.

Isn't it the case with most anime? They hack everything to bits. I was totally confused as to why Li kept running whenever he met Julian...turns out in the japanese version he Li has a crush on him. I guess they thought Homosexuality was a theme that children should have no knowledge of. And yet they still show tellytubies. :/

Its a shame we have to pay to watch anime as it was intended to be watched and not these edits they keep airing.

Angelic Layer looks fantastic..but we all know what to expect from the US censors... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Angelic Layer *is* fantastic - I'm on Episode 12 now and it's really, really good, not what I'd expected at all from this particular Clamp team.

As you say though, the US networks in their wisdom will probably cut it to ribbons. Kids in the west apparently aren't clever enough to deal with anything heavier than Rupert the Bear...

Advertisement