Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series

• 31-10-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Its on bloody Box Office :( .

I assume this is the 1st of all PPVs going to Box Office in Ireland and UK?

Anyways, as for the event itself the card looks like it could be good with a couple of traditional SS matches thrown in for good measure.

Smackdown:
    JBL Vs Booker T.
    Hopefully Book will win the title, as he is very entertaining on the mic, and a great inring worker

Taker Vs Heidenreich.
    Cant see this being anything special, only taking putting over Heidenreichs strength.

Team Eddie Vs Team Angle.
    Team Eddie - Eddie, RVD, Rey, Show
    Team Angle - Angle, Reighs, Jindrak plus one yet to be announced (and from specualtion of a few websites, this could be either a Dudley, Carlito, or a big surprise trade from RAW)

Chavo Vs Kidman
    This could be a show stealer

RAW

There only seems to be 2 matches even being hinted at at the moment, and again, this is coming from internet speculation:

IC Title
    Shelton Vs Christian

War Games
    Benoit, Jericho, Maven and Orton Vs Evolotion and Edge

As i say, thats only pure speculation.

Anyone care to shed light on what War Games are. I know its a WCW concept.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:
    Anyone care to shed light on what War Games are. I know its a WCW concept.

I could be wrong but i think thats when they put two rings next to each other and the match takes place in both of them. im not too sure how it works exactly but i remember seeing it on tape years ago. not 100% sure tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

War games is where 2 rings are put on top of each other, dont think its gonna be that , its strongly rumoured that it could be the Eilimination Chamber.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah afaik Sky Sports will not be showing any more ppv's, their all on sky box office/setanta sports ppv from now on:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Most likely it will be the Chamber again, with Evolution , Orton, Benoit and Jericho, maybe HBK and Edge if they are'nt in a sinlges match ( I ca'nt really see them having an Elimination Chamber without Micheals and Edge would be great in it as well)
    It would be a big step for Maven if he was involved as well, but he does seems to be getting a bit of a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

War Games Is where two rings are placed beside each other and a cage is placed around both(like the hell in the cell cage) then one person from each team starts the match . After a certain amount of time (not sure how long the time is) a new member of a team will come to the ring ( the picking of this member is random so it can end up being any amount of the same team in the ring. Then theres one pin fall to finish. But i cant see the wwe using this i have never seen a match with two rings in it in the wwe/f . If you can try and see Team NWO Vs Team WCW (i think its Wars Games 96 or 97 ) Its on the WWE NWO DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I don't know why WWE even bother to still call this Survivor Series, as there's always so many normal singles matches on it like any other PPV.
    Every match should be in the traditional team vs. team style.
    The first few SS PPV's back in the late 80's proved that a belt does'nt need to be on the line to create great matches/storylines if all the major players are involved in the match. Along with the Rumble , It's the only way a lot of the lower carders can get on PPV.
    Plus with two Shows they have the perfect angle, Raw teams vs. SM teams.

I suppose the bookers are worried that whichever teams lost would look inferior to the other show, but they do'nt seem to worry about that at WM with the interpromotional matches.

They have a 40 strong roster on each show yet seem to have no idea how to use them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Whover's looked up RAW will know
    that the RAW mainevent at SS is going to be class, I love the stipulation with the winning team getting to run RAW for a month between them. Although it would be great TV to see Jericho, Orton & Benoit run RAW by themselves for a week each I doubt anybody would have much interest in Maven running the show, which is why I doubt that team will win. If I was a betting man (Which I am :p ) I'd go with Evolution & Snitsky, unless WWE want to push Maven even more than they have in the last few weeks which is a big risk and I can't see it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not a bad PPV at all imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Didn't bother with the €22 price tag but from what I've read online this morning it sounded fairly entertaining :) .
    Can't bloody wait till RAW on thursday night now. Please let this be the end of evolution... :mad:

Advertisement