Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain Picard or Captain Janeway?

• 06-09-2001 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

The eternal battle between trekies!
    Obviously captain Janeway rules the gamma quadrant!!

I mean an old bald man trying vainly to run the enterprise is just pathetic.
    Direct Hit !!

Anyone have a different theroy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Call me ignorant but I'm not sure what thia has to do with CS, but definitely Picard. Janeway's voice is too grating and she's just not as convincing as a captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well i think captain picard with out a dpubt but i like janeway too....just not as much!

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I have a different theory! Your're a muppet. The hypothesis is still at the testing phase, but there's a 100% record in the CS forum so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

picard it has to be, did you know that according to the story picard was 60 years old when he took control of the enterprise...now call me weird but thats one rock hard pensioner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I LUV DA KEWL NOOBARS! biggrin.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

The email address for Kilroy is: xxxxxx@another.com

evertime u see a site that wants you to sign up and email address, add this one.
    add it to every mailing list and spam bot u can find.

[Edit]Bold. Do it again and you'll get -1 karma for being a muppet.

[This message has been edited by Draco (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Judging by his deleted posts about MP3s i think its a fair guess to say that this guy is a muppet :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I was going to lock this but I'll move it to films/tv instead, seeing as it's already got quite a few responses smile.gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

ah Every1 knows Sisco was the best. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Picard owns your newbie ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Does this thread remind anyone of the time the Simpsons had those 3 nerds living with them?

You can imagine where it goes from here. --- He fixes the cable?

[This message has been edited by Jeff_Lebowski (edited 06-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well I have to say Picard cause Janeway has to much of an apriciation of life ITS JUST PLAIN ANNOYING to much compasion not enough ignorance.
    And Picard has AUTORITAWW

Wow big castle......think he's making up for something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Picard owns ..
    then Sisko owns ..
    then Janeway owns...
    .. Kirk (although the original) is their collective b*tch since he didn't have to fight the Dominion/Borg/Species 8472/and I really need to get out more .. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Lemming (edited 06-09-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

kirk shagged blue chicks tho. This is a plus.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Scott Bakula playing the captain in the new Star Trek series will own their collective arses, 'oh boy!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

janeway bets Picard
    Sisko bets both Picard and Janeway
    Kirk is unbeatable

Besides ST 60's and 1-7 movies

SISKO rules... he is aggressive and less boring than both Picard and Janeway. Sisko has a level of realism which both Janeway and especially Picard lack. Sisko fights for his friends not just Star Fleet or the Prime directive. Sisko is resourceful and i would follow him into hell because i would know he would bring us back....

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Janeway looks better in a t-shirt than Picard.
    Enough said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

One thing that really ****ed me off about Janeway ... It is the 24rd or whatever century, there has been equality of the sexes to hundreds of years, but Janeway always seems out to prove that a Woman can be Captain ...

.dNC.OSiriS
    url="http://www.hatstand.cx"]HAT[/urlOSiriS
    http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Frag-Net.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Chaos-Engine: Just don't follow Kirk anywhere if you have a red shirt on;P

.dNC.OSiriS
    url="http://www.hatstand.cx"]HAT[/urlOSiriS
    http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Frag-Net.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Casiel

I agree with someone up above that Janeaway does have a grating voice but I have to watch it to see 7of9
    Picard is a good leader even if he is 66 but an interesting thing about Kirk is that it was almost Jack Lord (Hawaii five 0) who got the part instead of Shatner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OSiriS:
    Chaos-Engine: Just don't follow Kirk anywhere if you have a red shirt on;P

</font>

Thhat is SOOOO true. Hehehehee biggrin.gif. Anyone ever seen that ****-take of TOS in "Family Guy"?.

Kirk - "The away team will consist of myself, spock, McCoy, and ensign tim (or something like that)"

*note Ensign Tim in red shirt*

Tim - "Oh Crap!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Captain picard definatly! Janeway both sux and blows at the same time!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lemming:
    Thhat is SOOOO true. Hehehehee biggrin.gif. Anyone ever seen that ****-take of TOS in "Family Guy"?.

Kirk - "The away team will consist of myself, spock, McCoy, and ensign tim (or something like that)"

*note Ensign Tim in red shirt*

Tim - "Oh Crap!!"
    </font>

lol if that tim guys licky then all that will happen to him is that he will have all the moisture extracted from his body and be turned into a big lump of chalk and crushed in front of kirk!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Wan the sisko... a quote I will never forget (but dont rmber it word by word) is when he meets Q..

Q -Stund "Picard Never Hit Me"
    Sisko "Im NOT picard.."

.. any ways Sisko rokz0rz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Originally posted by kaids
    Scott Bakula playing the captain in the new Star Trek series will own their collective arses, 'oh boy!!'

Unless he starts freaking out and shouting for Ziggy to tell him the odds of the series finishing early, or him getting together with

http://www.startrek.com/production/seriesv/articles/gallery/art/06.jpg
    or
    http://www.startrek.com/production/seriesv/articles/gallery/art/08.jpg

Looks like Babylon 5 from the photos they have released, which may be a good thing (maybe there won't be a Prime bloody Directive then).

The Dr. Phlox dude in Enterprise looks unconfortably like Neelix though, which may result in my TV being smashed again (except of course the 3rd last ep of Voyager when he left....FINALLY).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Defo Cpt.Picard... janeway had the chance to get her people home, but nooooOOO.... the prime directive was more important.
    I'd feel safer having Picard in charge of my star-ship any day.
    (and yes, I do have a star-ship so shhh.)

PS. Lt.Cmndr Data 0wnz j00!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Picard owned.

Janeway eek to much moralising, just kill the damn aliens steal there technology and leg it home, simple, but noooo arse around for a couple years making friends and killing inocent extras.

Advertisement