Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed about motherboard temp

Options
  • 31-10-2004 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

where does the temp for your mobo come from ,as in sisoftsandra where does it take this temp reading from.......is it the temp on the NB CHIP or is it from the WINBOND chip on the board is there any software about that can show your NB temp on its own ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

speedfan shows a lot of different temps i used to use it..think it was speedfan...im pretty sure it has a nb temp...but i think its just called.. temp 3 or something instead of proper names :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

There is some suggestion on this thread at Anandtech that it could be the mosfet caps: Linky

Edit: Oh yeah nearly forgot stumbled on this bit about addons for MBM, there might be possibly something N/bridge specific in there: Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

thanks lads my MBM5 is gone all funny on me thats why im asking about this .....i set up a new watercooling setup today :D so thats two in the one rig ...anyhow im not to sure about the block i have on my NB so i want to check the temp ..and im not sure if the motherboard temp readout in sisoft is taken form the die on the NB or form the winbond ?????

Advertisement