Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: The Minish Cap

Options
  • 31-10-2004 8:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Been having a bash at the Jap version of this and its shapeing up to be as good as Link to the Past. It has a similar feel with polished game play and graphics. By adding Minish levels the map is much bigger with minish parts to each area. Story looks good but my Japanease isn't great (or more to the point non-existant).

I breezed through the first dungeon so hopefully the difficulty goes up a bit. Map is a bit more usefull letting you zoom in on areas making it easier to navigate. Dungeon maps are the same as Link to the Past.

Definatly picking up a copy as soon as its released in english on the 12th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Sounds like fun. I've been a fan of zelda games since I got Link's Awakening on the Game Boy when I was 9. Still have it... Well lent it to someone to try to get them into zelda. I think it worked. :) I own every other zelda game so I should get it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want this so bad! Now to find that 20 euro reward voucher that's somewhere at home... Add that to the other tenner I've got on my card now and 30% discount and I'll pay about 1.50 for this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I want this so bad! Now to find that 20 euro reward voucher that's somewhere at home... Add that to the other tenner I've got on my card now and 30% discount and I'll pay about 1.50 for this!

A few people are saying its very short Im hopeing they are wrong... Im stuck at the min after the first boss. Cannt figure out where I have to go next and the hints that would help me (press Select and the Cap gives you advice) are all in Japanease....

The little animation touches are cool (Links face goes red if he pushes or pulls anything for a long time). The world seems more colourfull and detailed. Once you have been playing it for a while you start to spot minish doors and walkways every where and your dieing to try them out but there are no portals to shrink you down!

All the better to make me learn more Japanese then!
    It just sounds so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From what I read here, there are 6 main dungeons, 1 bossless dungeon, a bunch of mini-dungeons - all of which adds up to 12 hours straight through (longer if you take breaks).

Sounds like its shorter than LTTP (which had 12 dungeons). Sounds easier too. What will add to the longevity of this game are the collectables (hearts, kinstones etc.).....

I wonder if the extra content being added to the US version equates to a longer game?

• Advertisement

TmB wrote:

Sounds like its shorter than LTTP (which had 12 dungeons). Sounds easier too. What will add to the longevity of this game are the collectables (hearts, kinstones etc.).....

I wonder if the extra content being added to the US version equates to a longer game?

Iv seen that mentioned else where, maybe more Four Sowrds style content/extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

but hang on here. i thought us europeans were gettin this game first. howd you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its out on Thursday in Japan, and here on Friday or Friday week - depending on what site you read.

The version that everyone is playing is the jap version, which popped up on the net over the weekend.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    but hang on here. i thought us europeans were gettin this game first. howd you get it?
    As far as I know the Japs are getting it then us and then the yanks. There is some confusion over the actual Euro release date though. Iv heard the 4th, 5th and the 12th of Nov. USA release is 10/01/05 AFAIK.

Iv read that the golden Zelda GBA SP and the Zelda game will be available on the 5th while the game on its own will be out on the 12th.

• Advertisement

nope it's all out on the 12th.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    nope it's all out on the 12th.

I presume you work in GAME or the likes (i think u said that before in another thread)?

Out of curosity how long before release does stock arive? Iv always wandered do the staff sit around playing the games for a few days before.

About 3 or 4 days. Stock comes in Monday-Wednesday for a Friday release. And we're not allowed to play them beforehand.

About 3 or 4 days. Stock comes in Monday-Wednesday for a Friday release. And we're not allowed to play them beforehand.

Are we talking secuity seals that are checked by the the secret game police or dont play the games prerelease *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* ;)

We're just not allowed to play them. No winking or nudging there.

youre not allowed play them? hahahha :D

evad_lhorg wrote:
    youre not allowed play them? hahahha :D

LOL

Some in the UK seem to think the bundel goes on sale early

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=...0520&mid=324910 for the bundle (note the date)

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=...t=11&mid=324565 just the game (note the date)

Cannt wait for the English version im losing the will stop stop playing the Jap one (havn't gone further then the 1st dungen) but the lack of story is making me wait. Iv seen alot more people bashing it as being way too short as time goes on...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really miss zelda games ever since i finished OOT. This should help like a long overdue injection of heroine to a junkie.

Advertisement