Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OMG Where's last night?

• 31-10-2004 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Ever have a night that just stops in your memory and you cant remember a thing after a certain point?

Got that last night: Last thing i remember is someone suggesting we get shots and then i woke up in a pool of sick in my own bed thinkin i was late for work cos i forgot the clocks went back

So post your wonderful i cant remember what i did stories here:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I woke up covered in blood with a bra and some frilly underwear in my back pocket a few months ago, still don't know what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mordeth wrote:
    I woke up covered in blood with a bra and some frilly underwear in my back pocket a few months ago, still don't know what happened.

Sounds like you had a good night

SteveD wrote:
    Sounds like you had a good night

in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Never happened to me... there again, I know when to stop drinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 halfhead

welcome to the world of blackouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

last thing i remember is at the bar, ordering a pint of guinness in the pub. aparently i went to nightclub, had a great time [by all accounts]. woke up in housemates bed with her and her friend. [nothing happened, but still a nice story]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Woke up, covered in my own puke, lying in somebodys front garden at 4AM, in the rain as they shook me and asked was i all right.
    I told them i was fine and went back to sleep:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

When the AA guys gave my year a talk when I was in secondary school one of the guys said having over 2 black-outs ever means you probably an alcoholic ;)
    I've had the blurred memory, but never a huge chunk missing out of the night. Once I'm fairly drunk I stop drinking. Not because I'm responsable, just because by then I'm more interested in making an ass of myself than drinking more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Mordeth wrote:

Are you sure you didn't assualt a female?

John

Couldn't say, but if I did i'm sure the bitch deserved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

the worst part about the blackouts is when your trying so damn hard to think about what you did

best blackout ever was waking up in my bathtub one morning at about 8am although the hoody i was wearing at the time was in some desperate need of some dettol to clear the vomit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

last thing i remember is at the bar, ordering a pint of guinness in the pub. aparently i went to nightclub, had a great time [by all accounts]. woke up in housemates bed with her and her friend. [nothing happened, but still a nice story]
    What if they just "used you" and you don't remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well I have to say I'd be quite happy with it.... dont know about you...

It's quantity not quality that matters ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Victor wrote:
    even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Victor wrote:
    He's just gonna hope he'll see a copy of the video, and see if that'll jog his memory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Crucifix wrote:
    When the AA guys gave my year a talk when I was in secondary school one of the guys said having over 2 black-outs ever means you probably an alcoholic ;)
    I've had the blurred memory, but never a huge chunk missing out of the night. Once I'm fairly drunk I stop drinking. Not because I'm responsable, just because by then I'm more interested in making an ass of myself than drinking more.

Well according to the independent you're an alcoholic if you've ever been hungover in work.

The worst thing is when you can't rememeber chunks of the night, but someone had brought a camera, so you see photos of yourself doing stuff that you don't remember, it's very surreal.

terms like alcoholic are thrown about without people having an understanding of what they mean. being an alcloholic does not mean you're a 60 year old man drinking whiskey all day in a pub
    A disorder characterized by the excessive consumption of and dependence on alcoholic beverages, leading to physical and psychological harm and impaired social and vocational functioning.

if you are drinking so much that you are getting blackouts, and that it is (often) causing you to be hungover in work/school then there is a good chance you have an alcohol dependancy problem. don't worry though, you're not alone.. a good portion of Irelands citizens have the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

This didn't happened last night. I was with friends at someone's flat in cork. I woke up the next day in a pool of my own vomit in someone's flat and my face smelled like fish. :eek: . that was late july this year. wrote a note saying the cat vomit on the floor and the bed and I ran for it!!.

my friends don't know about it, if they did I be killed for it. So everyone here SHhhh! :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

#MEAT# wrote:
    This didn't happened last night. I was with friends at someone's flat in cork. I woke up the next day in a pool of my own vomit in someone's flat and my face smelled like fish. :eek: . that was late july this year. wrote a note saying the cat vomit on the floor and the bed and I ran for it!!.

my friends don't know about it, if they did I be killed for it. So everyone here SHhhh! :confused:

That was you?!! You swore it was the cat!! I hate you! :D:D

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Dave wrote:
    The worst thing is when you can't rememeber chunks of the night, but someone had brought a camera, so you see photos of yourself doing stuff that you don't remember, it's very surreal.
    That's why camera phones are devices of pure evil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement