Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where are the mods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

theres no card titled Jeffy the kitten whats its name on the list or do you have a link to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

theres no card titled Jeffy the kitten whats its name on the list or do you have a link to it
    jeffythekitten.jpg

yeah have you ever seen a thread where someone posts something stupid, and it is replied to with a picture, i think that is what that is about.

jeffy the kitten was a cartoon i think.

yeah have you ever seen a thread where someone posts something stupid, and it is replied to with a picture, i think that is what that is about.

jeffy the kitten was a cartoon i think.

that makes sense...i think!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

So how many people have actually made these cards using the template Hobbes gave in one of those posts. Or will anyone other than you boards oldies using the magic cards be summarily squished

SteveD wrote:
    So how many people have actually made these cards using the template Hobbes gave in one of those posts. Or will anyone other than you boards oldies using the magic cards be summarily squished

I've used the cards a few times....no problems!

don't think i have the artistic merit to actually produce one tho....perhaps a few new ones should be made and the jokes/captions updated, as they are the bones of 3 years old.

I have only use one once and it was this week. I would not consider myself that old though. REactor posted one last week and what did he get, a fifteen page thread full of semi naked ladies, I wouldnt call that being squished

like everything else they are only funny when they are used at the correct time, personally I am wary of using them unless I wanted to express a view but couldnt think of a way of expressing it in text.

another way of looking at it its a way of dealing with the repetative things that happen in boards. there will always be someone who will come along and ask a question or start a rant about something thats been ranted about a hundred times before, or tell a joke that isnt funny or something like that, thats where the cards tend to be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

RuggieBear wrote:
    Bloody newbies.... :D Actually i'd love to know some of the stories behind some of the gathering cards but maybe i'm too wet behind the ears for that.... :D

I made them (the majority at the moment and certainly the inital lot). It was my last 2-3 days from when I moved from the US back to Ireland, I had no TV and I was bored senseless as everything I owed had shipped already.

Reading a thread that WWMan was happily trolling on I made a joke card called "WWM Super Troll" and posted it. A few people thought was funny, I was bored. Next thing I know I had done up a fair few of them. I think "Amps moment of clarity" was the second one.

Once I had the template made it was very easy to do them. It was just a matter of thinking of something related to boards.ie.

I should also point out that some of the jokes are well beyond 3 years old. Some date back to the original cloud boards.

... Oh and I'll do a history on each card a little later.

like everything else they are only funny when they are used at the correct time, personally I am wary of using them unless I wanted to express a view but couldnt think of a way of expressing it in text.

That's it exactly....some of the jokes are abit obscure so using the card would be inappropriaten unless you knew exactly what it is getting at...others are more obvious such as the tubleweed card (I Likes that one alot, i does)

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote:
    I made them. It was my last 2-3 days from when I moved from the US back to Ireland, I had no TV and I was bored senseless as everything I owed had shipped already.

Reading a thread that WWMan was happily trolling on I made a joke card called "WWM Super Troll" and posted it. A few people thought was funny, I was bored. Next thing I know I had done up a fair few of them. I think "Amps moment of clarity" was the second one.

Once I had the template made it was very easy to do them. It was just a matter of thinking of something related to boards.ie.

They are hilarious....well the ones i get anyway.... :D are there old boardster rules against us newbies playing them....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yeah they are nice to use. Sometimes I also like to use for that extra nice touch
    http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

Incedently cards that are not yet on the list at http://www.boards.ie/gathering can be found here

Incedently cards that are not yet on the list at http://www.boards.ie/gathering can be found here

Nice one...some of these new ones are****ing priceless.... :)

EDIT: sometimes i feel like i'm a year behind...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

RuggieBear wrote:
    They are hilarious....well the ones i get anyway.... :D are there old boardster rules against us newbies playing them....?

The only real rule is... in moderation. One of the things that made me sick of the cards, was at a time people were just posting them instead of actually putting any meaningful comment to the thread.

Hobbes wrote:
    The only real rule is... in moderation. One of the things that made me sick of the cards, was at a time people were just posting them instead of actually putting any meaningful comment to the thread.

Yeah i could see that happening alright.....well, i'll just have foight the urge and wait for a special occassion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

tuxy wrote:
    so monty has been gone for ages and the fnj is fairly inactive
    does anyone know whats up?
    maybe this place is better with no mods :)

Looks like it got updated ;)
    Monty - the one and only, the fnj, seamus, Trojan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Watch your posting, cos we're watching you.
    Don't mess with boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Trojan wrote:
    Don't mess with boards.
    or boards will mess with you!!!!

Trojan wrote:
    Don't mess with boards.

would we dare do such a thing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mwuhahahaa

• Advertisement

Out of interest, can anyone name the location from my previous post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ah, the old iron fist is back. :)

i miss monty :(

Were Trojan and seamus just appointed as moderators (perhaps as a result of us asking where were the moderators?) or were they always there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They were here from the start.

The trojan seagull, what will pop out of them in time...

We've always been mods. We had an intricate plan to hide our status in order to catch out some of the criminal types in here. You may notice that a couple of people are no longer around.

Excellent sting operation! Well executed, team!

I have muppets to hunt, later.

Al.

Trojan wrote:
    We've always been mods. We had an intricate plan to hide our status in order to catch out some of the criminal types in here. You may notice that a couple of people are no longer around.

Al.

ah...you do justice to your nick... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

SteveD wrote:
    Were Trojan and seamus just appointed as moderators (perhaps as a result of us asking where were the moderators?) or were they always there?
    They were always mods. Seamus is LC mod and I think Trojan is Programing mod.
    It seems as if they were made mod of AH in the past week or so. Can't remember their names attached to this forum before then.

i really miss monty

Rabies wrote:
    They were always mods. Seamus is LC mod and I think Trojan is Programing mod.
    It seems as if they were made mod of AH in the past week or so. Can't remember their names attached to this forum before then.

Big promotion, i reckon. AH is much more prone to muppetry but i'm sure Trojan and Seamus will be more than capable!!

Anyway congrats/comiserations for getting to mod AH to the pair of you.... i'll try not to give you to much work to do!!!! :D

• Advertisement

I'm only here temporarily*. This means that like a temp, I've no problem being short, rude, angry or evil with people. I'm going to enjoy this.

*Read: Permanently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Trojan wrote:
    i knew it!

Ah ok. I'd seen seamus around a fair bit but never your good self Trojan.

may i be the first to say........ hello

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Trojan wrote:

Al.

Sneaky I like it !

No one got the location? Ah well.

How about "Boards.ie - make it shine"?

This one is further east, but not in name.

Trojan wrote:
    No one got the location? Ah well.

How about "Boards.ie - make it shine"?

This one is further east, but not in name.
    Not only that, but if you sing it backwards, its a nice recipe for tomato soup...

Thanks Trojan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

After reading through all 5 pages of this thread I've noticed most people have 4 or 5 green karma boxes beside their name. Can someone tell me who I have to bribe around here! :p

You want = Karma ....You Got it1

I aint no meenie with the greenies !

I wish we had more rep to give out . I've just gone on a spree( Check your rep dudes) and I'm all out again..

Need more rep...Must find more ....

• Advertisement

#1 is "Friendship" (friends in low places, eh George)
    #2 "Montani semper liberi" (trans: mountaineers are always free)

I was referring to
    TX and WV

Trojan wrote:
    #1 is "Friendship" (friends in low places, eh George)
    #2 "Montani semper liberi" (trans: mountaineers are always free)

I was referring to
    TX and WV

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.....sorry! :o

Al, wtf are you going on about?

I've already given the answers. I was wondering if anyone could guess the locations, but you'd need to have done a lot of travelling in the US to get them, so obviously noone did. Just amusing myself. Now quiet or you're banned.

I am *thoroughly* confused.

No change so.

just not sure of the initial clues but voila:

Alis volat propiis....

• Advertisement

Texas and West Virginia .........

Are we going on Holidays Mommy ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

seamus wrote:
    I'm only here temporarily*. This means that like a temp,

Does this mean that you have to wear a mad looking business suit and we can exploit you by sending you for cups of coffee... like we do with all the clerical temps that we get at work?? ;)

/me hides from wrath

Yep. I aint been in OR.

No worries seamus. You can buy me a pint on the 27th and I'll explain it all in simple words ;)

No, more like a substitute teacher who arrives in and change everything, and is very strict on everyone, causing you to hate every morning and pray for the evening to come, to end your torture.

Lets see the thread title is "where are the mods", I take it the mods are in Texas and West Virginia?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement