Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1st driving lesson

Options
  • 31-10-2004 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Booked mine a few hours ago and was wondering if anybody had any funny stories or anything?? How scary was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Booked mine a few hours ago and was wondering if anybody had any funny stories or anything?? How scary was it?

Not too bad actually, once I realised that car steering needs to be turned a lot more than bike steering ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gf's cousin is an attractive young lady, with a naturally flirty personality. On her first lesson (with a man), ended up putting her hand on his knee (twice) instead of the gear stick (lucky she didn't grab something else...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

seamus wrote:
    Gf's cousin is an attractive young lady, with a naturally flirty personality. On her first lesson (with a man), ended up putting her hand on his knee (twice) instead of the gear stick (lucky she didn't grab something else...)

Hmmm lol my instructor is a guy, I'm gonna be soooo careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

First few lessons was with this girl, real sound, genuine & helpful....few weeks later, manager goes on hols, leaves her in charge, she robs the place blind & skips the country!
    I find out when I ring up cause she's late pickin me up 4 a lesson. icon_biggrin.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

dont worry about your first time your going to be nervous. I found the best way to learn is around a big yard or a someplace where no other cars are. Its just a matter or getting your co-ordination right and then it comes as second nature :-)

the first driving lesson i ever got was just before my driving test lol (next week by the way) i've been driving with years just was to lazy to do the test till now. Its probably not a good thing to teach yourself your pick up habbits lol but hey it was a Yugo and a heao of s*** lol i best noone here has ever seen a yugo in ireland ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It'll probably be nerve-wrecking (was for me anyway), but it's a great feeling afterwards, especially after the second or third lesson when you're pretty much driving.

yeah problem is there isn't anywhere kinda big and empty near me that I can think of, even the Tesco is 24 hour :eek:

Ok just back from my lesson so thought I'd update this. I had sooo much fun! I was shaking the whole time but I loved it. Was really cool, was an hour lesson and I got to drive around 35 miles and up to 50mph. Not what I was expecting! I thought we'd be in a car park or something but nope, on the road. Now hooked and need my dad to get me insured on his car and take me driving :D

Advertisement