Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig Reviews ...

Options
  • 01-11-2004 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I went to a lot of concerts since 1983 and from A-HA to ZZ Top I´ve seen a lot of good and bad gigs:

Udo Lindenberg & das Panikorchestra, Gianna Nannini
    Nena, Unflat, Heartaches, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Badge
    Klaus Lage Band, Bare Back Rider, Falschrum, Erol Derinbay’s Istanbul Express
    Europe, 5 Grad Plus, Münchener Freiheit, Foolhouse Bluesband, Prince Madhouse, Sheila E., Klaus Lage Band, Danny Deutschmark
    Liebe und Mörder, Living Proof, To Be, Prince,Peter Maffay,Flatsch!, Station C
    Station C, Silly Patty, Rodgau Monotones
    Spandau Ballet, To Hell with Burgendy, Barclay James Harvest,Bernd Schütz Band, The Barons
    Kraftwerk
    Randy Hanson, Status Quo, Diesel Park West, Lilian White, Deep Throat
    Nice and Rough, Extreme , Thunder
    T.M. Stevens, Michael Angelo, Randy Hanson, Nena, Stephan Wald, Outfit
    Hazel & the Nuts, Glenn Miller Orchestra, The , Uriah Heep, Blue Oyster Cult
    Wishbone Ash, Girlschool
    Christopher Junghens, The Time Bandits
    Motörhead, Grip Inc. featuring Dave Lombardo, Musical: “The Who’s: Tommy”
    Area Desaster, Temptations, The , Sound of Frankfurt, Lightmare, Nightmare
    Tony Osanah, H.Ä.D., Pantomas, Dead Cartwrights, The, Michael Bolton
    Subtrifuge, Die Bilanz, Lame, Backstreet Boys, Rednex, Culture Beat, Worlds Apart, Captain Jack, Scooter, Fun Factory, Masterboy, Mr. President
    Boyzone, American Football: Frankfurt Galaxy vs. London Monarchs, Tracy Chapman, East 17, Construction, Two Good, Badesalz, Sweet, The
    Heat, The, Scorpions, Beth Hard Band, Ärzte, Die, Kiss
    Seer, The, ZZ Top, 3T, Sister Sister, Tito Jackson, Fantastischen 4, Die
    Freundeskreis, Wolf, Der, Warren G. and the G Funk Era feat. The 5 Footaz & Twins, Tic Tac Toe, Art Garfunkel, H-Blockx, Takfarinas, Teatr Osmega Dnia
    Sinead O’ Connor, Youssou N’ Dour, Auge Gottes, Das, Ranger , DJ Ulli Brenner
    David Coverdale & Whitesnake, Skin
    Judas Priest, Herbert Grönemeyer, Godewind, Art Garfunkel, Purity, Depeche Mode, Pro Pain, Böhse Onkelz, Dr. Soul & The Chain of Fools, Star Trek World Tour
    Stigma String Orchestra, Kiss, DeGeneration
    Queen Coverband, Ronan Keating
    Lionel Richie, Martin Schneider, Rob Strong & Band, Kosheen, Faithless
    Chinese State Circus, Fifth Avenue, Six, Rattle & Hum, Seamus Brett, Eala
    Acabella, Sonia Dowling, Gerry O’ Connor, Parson’s Nose, D-Mode, The Phantom & The Opera, Japanese Noh Theatre, A-HA, Wim Hoogewijs, Darren Hayes, Duncan Knighthood, Alison Moyet, Lamb, Moby, Four Seasons by Candlelight, The
    Def Leppard, Brian Kennedy, Paul Casey, Art Garfunkel, Maia Sharp, Buddy Mondlock, Disney on Ice: Beauty & the Beast, Blotooth, Peco, Musical: “We will Rock you”, Susan Enan, Paul Young, Kavo, Simply Red, Funeral for a friend
    Iron Maiden
    Kraftwerk, The Rack, Reamonn, Everly Brothers, The, Simon & Garfunkel
    Theater: “Flats Life” , Theater: “Riverdance”, Rick Astley, The Harlem Gospel Choir, Whitesnake, Ham Sandwich

From all the bands I´ve seen I have to say that the best is KISS. Their shows were brilliant, especially 1996 and 1999 in original line up.

I´d love to read more reviews. What have you seen lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sonic Titan

Firstly, how can you remember all those gigs, i've been to a lot of gigs aswell but i sure as hell can't remember em all and secondly, you have some really DODGY bands in that list :p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Michael Bolton

Word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Queen Coverband, Ronan Keating

2000 kinda sucked ass, eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Firstly, how can you remember all those gigs, i've been to a lot of gigs aswell but i sure as hell can't remember em all and secondly, you have some really DODGY bands in that list :p

Yeah, some of the bands were utter crap. Others were totally brilliant. It became a hobby to write down kind of a report about the gigs. I keep those reports and most of the tickets in a folder and believe it or not: Its actually nice to read from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭GospelGroupie

I was at the Olympia on Saturday night to see The Gardiner Street Gospel Choir, and they were legendary! I know my handle gives away my allegence, but being as objective as I can I would still have to say that this choir is magical! They looked sexy on stage, they sounded powerful and spectacular. They just blew the audience away!

Their repetoire ranged from Bob Dylan to Primal Scream, Bob Marley, Sting, Mary Mary, and everything in-between. They're not quite Harlem Gospel Choir and they don't pretend to be. None of the robes that Whoopie Goldberg would wear in Sister Act, to be honest, I think that just hides bad dancing. No, that's not Gardiner Street Gospel Choir at all. They moved fluidly, they sang wonderfully, they had great energy and gave it all to the audience, and the audience, all 1300 of them gave it back in bucket-loads.

The show was opened by Karl Deeter and his bluegrass band who dazzled the audience by his prowness with a guitar, he was a great ice-breaker. There was a bit of a gap, however between the acts which seemed to bother a few people, but when GSGC came out on stage all was forgiven.

Anne-Marie Redmond and Solomon Ijigade gave a powerful rendition of Jesus Loves Me, a soulful duet not to hide the root and purpose of the Choir, but this was followed by modern and contemporary songs which all demonstrated the ability and talent of every member of the choir, being a showcase for a seemingly endless line of talented singers.

The show ended with Where Is The Love by Black-Eyed Peas and Oh Happy Day, both greeted with tremendous applause from a very grateful audience who just did not seem to want the night to end.

Wow!

Just to impress upon you the uniqueness of this Choir, this show, like every other show they have done was entirely for charity, this time the Arrupe Society run by Fr. Peter McVerry S.J. which houses homeless boys. The gig raised €12,000 for that charity, a truly tremendous success.

Gardiner Street Gospel Choir sing at the Gospel Mass on Sunday nights at 7:3pm at St. Francis Xavier Church, Gardiner Street, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement