Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband cuts off after random amount of time

• 01-11-2004 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I have eircom broadband, in Leinster and am using win XP...

It just cuts off randomly, sometimes after a few mins, sometimes an hour or two, if I restart the pc its working again...

I have checked all the backround processes, and I have done a full virus check and I am always scanning for spyware with adaware and spybot but I am still not sure what it is. I have checked the physical connection to the modem and into the wall, its a very wierd problem...

I still think it could be maybe a new virus or some wierd spyware, I've even done a restore on it. Maybe it could be something on the eircom side of things...

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Bunny wrote:
    I have eircom broadband, in Leinster and am using win XP...
    Are you using the ethernet interface or the USB interface on the DSL router that eircom supplied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I am using ethernet and its on the dark blue caymen eircom supplied jobby...

But, it's been working perfectly for months now, nearly a year ( the eircom broadband) all I did was move the computer into a diff room, so maybe its the phoneline playing up...but it was working fine for the first few days in the new room, now it's just acting so wierd, I was playing a game there and getting hideous packetloss, our computer is acting ****ed up now, but I keep scanning it and nothing really showing up cept the usual spyware...

Advertisement