Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing credit cards

Options
  • 01-11-2004 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

just a quick question, im thinking of canceling my credit card with aib and getting one of the pigsback mbna cards but am not sure if i will incure any extra charges ?!? I pay my bill online with aib24hour will i be charged for paying off another credit card company from my cashsave ie a transfer fee or something ?!? So basically im wondering is it cost effective to move away from aib cause i defo have no loyality issues and would rack up some handy piggy points with my card ?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Watch out for the stamp duty.

Ignore points schemes. They are only worthwhile when someone else is paying the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I concur, don't move just for points.
    Further, termination of your AIB credit card attracts a EUR 40 goodbye fee.

as for the rest, complicated question(s) let me rephrase

-Can one fund a non AIB credit card from 24hour-online.ie/1890 24 24 24?
    -Does that cost more than funding an AIB credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

-Can one fund a non AIB credit card from 24hour-online.ie/1890 24 24 24?
    -Does that cost more than funding an AIB credit card?

You can certainly pay MBNA cards via 24 Hour Banking (Telephone), not sure about the online service. Cost wise, I think the transaction fees are roughly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

careful though, MBNA have a problem with "losing" credit card payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BuffyBot wrote:
    You can certainly pay MBNA cards via 24 Hour Banking (Telephone), not sure about the online service. Cost wise, I think the transaction fees are roughly the same.

You can use AIB online banking to pay an MBNA account. All you have to do is phone 24 hour banking and they ask you for your card number (not a/c number, card number). Simple as. To pay your bill you use the payment section of online banking.

Signing up for an MBNA pigsback card gets you 2000 points immeadiately (thats €20). Take a look at what you can spend your points on with pigsback before you do it though, if there's little to attract your attention then its not worth the effort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement