Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's gonna win???

• 01-11-2004 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Bush or kerry

Who's gonna win 52 votes

Bush
    0% 0 votes
    Kerry
    28% 15 votes
    Win what??
    71% 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Win what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Kerry then Bush then Kerry then Bush, really depends on who pays the Supreme court the most. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Kerry, although it's more wishful thinking at the minute rather than anything based on fact.

Anyone know the best strategy for watching it 2moro night? Stay up all night or get up around 4 or 5 am? I'm not sure.

[Dream Sequence]Also wish I had satellite, it would be beautiful to watch FOX news if Kerry won. I think i'd like a camera trained on Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity just as its announced Kerry has convincingly trounced Bush.[/Dream Sequence]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I find staying up till 4/5 much better than getting up early generally. But then that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Kerry, because he's not Bush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Anyone know the best strategy for watching it 2moro night? Stay up all night or get up around 4 or 5 am? I'm not sure.
    My options are limited - need to get up just before 6 to get to work so maybe I'll get up a little early and get a little tv watched.

I fancy Kerry's chances but it'll be a nervous wait. I can only imagine what havoc Bush would cause with a second term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

I have a feeling it's gonna be Bush.

I have to be up at 7 for work so I think I'll just get up at 5 and watch as much as I can before I have to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I voted Kerry, but that is the obvious option. Unfortunality there are enough stupid americans to vote for Bush and I think it'll come down to counts and recounts and the supreme court to decide.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well bush lost last time but he still became president. I think theres a very very high probability dubya'll be president for another 4 years.

The guys just too well connected and bent (thats bent in an ethical kind of sense just in case you get the wrong end of the stick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

It'll be another 4 in the bush

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

I'm guessing Bush'll scrape by into another term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I think Kerry is going to win. My nose has been itchy the last couple of days and when my nose gets itchy all my predictions come true. I'm magic I am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

I like Clinton and I sort of trust him, the amount of work he did for ireland in the past, and as he supports kerry, I deffo want kerry to win, but I guess Bush is going to play dirty again and sneak a few votes from somewhere, legal or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Kerry apparently...
    The Washington Redskins have lost their final home football game before the U.S. presidential election -- and that's great news for Democratic Senator John Kerry and bad news for President George W. Bush.

In every presidential election since 1936, the Redskins' last home game has accurately predicted the winner. If they win, the incumbent president's party wins. If they lose, the challenger wins.

The Redskins lost to Green Bay 28-14 on Sunday and Kerry quickly celebrated.

"I think it's a good tradition to follow," Kerry told reporters on his campaign plane. "I think the country should stay with tradition, don't you?"

In a written statement released earlier, he said he was thrilled with the Packers win.

"The Packers have done their part, this Tuesday I'll do mine."

Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel dismissed the notion that the result was a good omen for Kerry.

"After today's victory, we're confident Packer fans across Wisconsin will be excited to go out and vote for the candidate who understands the 'frozen tundra of Lambeau' is not a dessert item in an expensive French restaurant," Stanzel said.

Fans sometimes call the Green Bay team's home Lambeau Field -- named for the man who founded the team -- "the frozen tundra". Kerry recently mistakenly referred to the stadium as "Lambert Field".

From Reuters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

as Michael Franti put it:

"Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee"

does anybody know about Ralph Nader?

as Michael Franti put it:

"Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee"

does anybody know about Ralph Nader?

yeah, his mum thinks he's cool!

oh, and Bob Dylan had a song by that name (fairly similar anyway), much better to quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Kerry will get the most votes, Bush will win the election.

But then, I'm very cynical, as you know Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I want Kerry to win, but hey its America.. of course Bush will win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

There was one of Ralph Nader's PR guys on the last word a few weeks back. What I like about him is that although he's slim chance of getting anywhere, he won't back either Bush or Kerry even though he's out of the race. Also he's around 70+ years of age and when asked about the age thing the PR guy said that we haven't seen the best of Ralph Nader yet. Cool. Also he's not Bush. ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ra- l - ph - naayy -- duur ??? i think a little sleep and then waking up for it at 4 or 5 would be ok or even going to bed extra early and getting up properly at 4 and not going back to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

bush, unfortunatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

If it was Ireland the pole would look like this:

BUSH:

KERRY:

DUSTIN:

sprinkles wrote:

BUSH:

KERRY:

DUSTIN:
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

sprinkles wrote:

BUSH:

KERRY:

DUSTIN:

And Dana would be whinging about not getting a look in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Kerry will continue many of the US's undigestable foreign (where) ethos for sure, but at least he's not a glumglom penis filled with evangelical zeal and a hatred of the grey areas between 'great and evil doersl'. Bush ****..

scary enough, a US fiend I work with never received her vote paper and shes been here for a good few years and got it every time ... do the math..? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

I wouldn't bother, they probably won't declare the winner until next year.

Advertisement