Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Star Wars

• 01-11-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭

I heard there is a trailer out of the new star wars movie, just wondering if anyone knows where i might see it??

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's no trailer yet but there's a teaser trailer being released this week. Expect to see it sometime shortly aftewards on line. Meanwhile here's the incredibly craptacular teaser poster:
    p-sw3t.jpg

It looks like fan art. Bad fan art. I can't believe this is what they came up with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    There's no trailer yet but there's a teaser trailer being released this week. Expect to see it sometime shortly aftewards on line. Meanwhile here's the incredibly craptacular teaser poster:

It looks like fan art. Bad fan art. I can't believe this is what they came up with...

The proportions look all wrong. Anakin's squashed up, all cramped. OK, so maybe they're going for some kind of 'Look how much the Dark Side has taken over Anakin...' but even so, it's pants.

Bad fan art, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Frankieboy wrote:
    I heard there is a trailer out of the new star wars movie, just wondering if anyone knows where i might see it??
    The trailer is released 5th Nov in cinemas in America. It will be available to dowload the day before from the starwars site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it'll be attached to prints of 'The Incredibles' showing in the US this weekend.

Hope the teaser trailer isn't as sh*t as that teaser poster! But i'm afraid i've lost all hope in these new Star Wars films after Phantom Menace and Attach of The Clones.

Dear God - they were bad!

I love the original films but.. what were you thinking, George Lucas? Milking as much money out of this cash cow as possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ixoy wrote:
    p-sw3t.jpg
    Looks like the love child of Darth Vader and a Wookie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

doh.ie wrote:
    The proportions look all wrong. Anakin's squashed up, all cramped. OK, so maybe they're going for some kind of 'Look how much the Dark Side has taken over Anakin...' but even so, it's pants.
    Exactly. The proportions are dreadful. We all know their intent but it's not well communicated - Anakin is relegated to the rear too much, and he looks like's he's peering over Darth's shoulder, rather than the connection being made that they're the same. A photo would have been more effective, but if they were going for this sort of thing, why not show A poster with one half of Anakin's face blending into one half of Darth's? Or somesuch.

And then there's the detail. It's too chunky. The colors in it are too dark, and the lines not sharp enough. Sigh...

There was a poster out a while back.... everyone thought it was the real teaser poster but it was just fan art. That was better, in my opinion! Not much better but it was definantly better.

I'll see if i can dig it up..

Aha, found it!

Episode3Teasermidsize.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, it'll be attached to prints of 'The Incredibles' showing in the US this weekend.

Hope the teaser trailer isn't as sh*t as that teaser poster! But i'm afraid i've lost all hope in these new Star Wars films after Phantom Menace and Attach of The Clones.

Dear God - they were bad!

I love the original films but.. what were you thinking, George Lucas? Milking as much money out of this cash cow as possible!

Personally I thought the originals were pretty average if not crap, I enjoyed attack of the clones a lot more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think this will be too bad. TPM was woeful, AOTC was decent (ish), this will probably be "good-ish". What I've seen so far of the Anakin v Obi duel is pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Looks like a nice idea but very poorly executed. I'm very hopeful the 3rd film will be the business because Lucas has no other option than making it a very dark movie; lots of main charactors suffering, dying and the birth of the big bad Mr V. :) Which will of course lead us back to a new hope :mad: Then no more Star Wars movies ever again :(

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote:
    Personally I thought the originals were pretty average if not crap, I enjoyed attack of the clones a lot more :)

Blasphemy!

:eek:

Praetorian wrote:
    Which will of course lead us back to a new hope :mad: Then no more Star Wars movies ever again :(

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Recent news stories have suggested Lucas is considering making three more sequels taking place after the original three.

EDIT:

See here: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=5097
    JoBlo.com wrote:
    Remember Lucas's original plan to film the prequel trilogy and then focus on the sequel trilogy - Episodes 7, 8 and 9? That plan was ditched and eventually Lucas decided to simply film Episodes 1-3. But now reports are starting to surface (as we grow nearer to the end of this trilogy) that Lucas may be prepping his team for yet another trilogy. TheForce.net reports that folks at Industrial Light and Magic were required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) recently to keep their lips sealed on all things regarding Episodes 7, 8 and 9. Right now this is obviously just rumor..

basquille wrote:
    I wouldn't be too sure of that. Recent news stories have suggested Lucas is considering making three more sequels taking place after the original three.

Well, if he does choose to do three more sequels, let's hope he gets his sense of storytelling in order. I and II were not great; both sold out decent character-driven storytelling for long-winded effects-laden sequences, IMO. They didn't 'feel' very Star Wars to me at all. And with the likelihood that three further sequels will have to have all new characters (can't really bring back the original bunch), I can't see them being much of an improvement over TPM or AOTK.

Although still I'm open to being impressed by Episode III... maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

wasn't there talk of a star wars spin off tv series??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Well there was the Clone Wars cartoon shorts. They were Fab! They were also probably the best thing to come out of the new trilogy, more than likely this is because Mr. Lucas had nothing to do with them and it was from the same team that brought you the magnificent Samurai Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Roar wrote:
    wasn't there talk of a star wars spin off tv series??
    thats been pretty much officially confirmed. lucas has stated recently that there will be no more movies. tho i would like to see the episode 7-9 sage shown in a tv series. maybe fisher or hamill might come back for that [cant see ford doing sw ever again]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A Star Wars tv series? That sound fookin awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing films 6,8,9, so long as Lucas has minimal input. I know it's his 'original' idea and all.. but he obviously doesn't have a clue.

D-Generate wrote:
    Well there was the Clone Wars cartoon shorts. They were Fab! They were also probably the best thing to come out of the new trilogy, more than likely this is because Mr. Lucas had nothing to do with them and it was from the same team that brought you the magnificent Samurai Jack.

I enjoyed CW too, though they were too short and lacked the chance to really get a good story going. Agree that creatively they were better off without Lucas's involvement.

Speaking of Star Wars cartoons, "Ewoks" and "Droids" had their moments when I was a kid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Goodshape wrote:
    A Star Wars tv series? That sound fookin awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing films 6,8,9, so long as Lucas has minimal input. I know it's his 'original' idea and all.. but he obviously doesn't have a clue.
    What about 7 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

doh! :rolleyes:

Seven could be worth seeing too I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

as a fan over the last 20 odd years im soo dissapointed in where the films have went
    down the toilet.
    i loved them . but the phamthom menace took the buiscut so to speak.
    the kids i got at home laugh at it . mabye its a different erea now
    and the kids are spoiled for choice.

but i think that if this new movies gonna rock my world
    it should be dark like empire and really pack a punch
    theres so much that has to to be sorted out in this film regaurds to storylines and stuff i think it would have to be like 4 hrs lol

i think the last 2 films didnt really look in to the story more the indivudaul people in the movie.

the empire strikes back was my best movie ever .

i just got some sweet vhs tapes i won of ebay the making of the empire strikes back vintage stuff at its best.

does any one have the holiday special or any of the retro doucumentrys im looking to complete my vhs laserdisc and dvd collections .

mobile04 wrote:
    does any one have the holiday special or any of the retro doucumentrys im looking to complete my vhs laserdisc and dvd collections .

Holiday Special is quite often on eBay, or on certain unmentionable download lcoations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

yeah just got it mate not bad cheesy but classic
    cheers

converted it to dvd for my collection .

Advertisement