Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing Question - Freezing a leaking pipe

Options
  • 01-11-2004 12:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

My da was on about a pipe freezer that is available out there at the moment. What it is is that if you have a leak in a pipe, instead of draining the whole system what you do is use this spray or what ever it is and freeze either side of the leak and cut out the leaking area. Then when all is repaired you heat the frozen area and off you go. Anyone any idea of what this is??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah you can buy it in any DIY store, it's just a spray can. As you say, it temporaily freezes a section of the pipe so you can repair leaks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Any idea what name of it might be???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yop wrote:
    Any idea what name of it might be???

Sorry mate, can't remember. There's a few different brands anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

did a google and found it thanks. About 10 Euro a can.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'ts never worked for me & I've used it a couple of times....... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement