Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you choose?

Options
  • 09-04-1999 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hmmmm
    Authors........
    Roald Dahl and Asimov
    (Not the kiddy bit, his tales of the unexpected)
    It would be a good trick to start with, since their both dead anyway, BUT
    I love Asimovs visions of the far future,but I find the plot twists he uses to be slightly predictable.Join that with the Weirdo plots in the Tales of the Unexpected (Ever see the one about Royal Jelly??)...Head wrecking I reckon.

Charcter versus Character??
    Erm Whats-Her-Face from Neuromancer
    Molly
    Vs
    Friday from Heinleins "Friday"

hmm Good Battle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

It's a question that gets serious discussion for cinema and TV. What two actors should be put together on screen, what director and special effects team, what tea-boy and floor sweeper?

So what about books?

What two authors, of any Genre would you choose to co-write a book?

I think my first choice would be Feist and Herbert (James) to do a fantasy horror.
    Feist's world of Midkemia is well developed and he comes up with intricate plots to fill it but Herbert has the edge on tension (read Domain if you don't believe me). Feist would balance out Herbert's usually lame endings (though Feist has done one or two himself) and Herbert would stop Feist going on his completely off the wall fantasy 'trips'.

And, as an aside to this, what two characters would you like to see in a story?

I'd go for The Rats from Herbert up against the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings. Let's see your tree hugging pointy eared git friends save you now you hairy footed cancerous wastes of space! Hahahahahaha smile.gif

As you might have guessed, I don't like Hobbits.

J.

Advertisement