Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any opinions on a Volkswagen 1.9 TDI engines?

Options
  • 01-11-2004 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

I've got a VW Bora 1.6i (110bhp) and I'm thinking about trading it in for a new Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi (105bhp).
    So, I'm wondering what can I expect with this change? I know diesel is cheaper and you get better feul economy, but the last time I own a diesel (1.7 D Vectra) the performance was just woeful.
    So if you own a 1.9 TDI, let us know what you think and would you recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the last time I own a diesel (1.7 D Vectra) the performance was just woeful.

Prolly the slowest diesel engine in the world! :D The VAG TDi engines are hot ****e by comparrison, huge tourque and exellent economy. You'll have the pleasure of embarrassing Honda Civic boyos on the open road when overtaking*.

Mike.

*Not that I approve of wreckless use of diesel power naturally!

Advertisement