Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Mobiles Update

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

What one will you be buying so mate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its hard to say. I will be lumped with the Motorola for the first few weeks anyway. My preference lies with the Sharp purely because it is the highest spec. However, the Nokia is close purely because it is Symbian..

do you work in Vodafone head office or one of the stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I do work for VF but have only seen others use a 902, I've not used one myself. I guess there aren't many of them around. There were a few SE800s kicking about so I am dissapointed they wont be in the shops on Monday. Granted there are more v980s than anything else and I've never seen sight of the Nokia! Dont think even coming with the kit to make it do VT impresses me to want to buy one. It'd be an arse to carry round and if you are at home you can use the net for video.

As for which I'd buy, I guess that depends on any staff offers VF decide to give! So that'd be a v980 for me then if anything! I think from choice I'd buy the SE, but I'd like to try the sharp first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

The 2 Vodafone 3G tariffs are as follows (These are exclusive to customers who purchase a 3G phone) :

Supertime 300:
    €69 per month inc Vat.
    This includes 300 minutes ANYTIME to ANY Irish Mobile or Landline.
    Plus 100 minutes ANYTIME to call a nominated Vodafone Number.
    Calls to any Irish mobile or landlines are 20c per minute after inclusive minutes have been used (Anytime). Texts are 13c.
    Supertime 500:
    €99 per month inc Vat.
    This includes 500 minutes ANYTIME to ANY Irish Mobile or Landline.
    Plus 200 minutes ANYTIME to call a nominated Vodafone Number.
    Calls to any Irish mobile or landlines are 20c per minute after inclusive minutes have been used (Anytime). Texts are 13c.

NOTE: You don't have to choose one of these tariffs, 3G can accessed from any current Vodafone Tariff (except Light & Wireless Office).

Standard voice rates apply to Video calls (as per your tariff).

Available Video Downloads
    Sport:
    Barclays Premiership @ €2.00 Per Clip
    UEFA @ €1.00 Per Clip
    Ferrari @ €1.00 Per Clip
    Sky Sports News @ €1.00 Per Clip

News & Weather:
    Sky News @ €1.00 Per Clip

Entertainment:
    Movie of the Month - Trailer @ €0.50 Per Clip
    - Bloopers @ €1.00 Per Clip
    Looney Tunes @ €1.50 Per Clip
    Showbiz News @ €1.00 Per Clip

Access Music:
    MTV @ €1.00 Per Clip
    Warner @ €1.00 Per Clip
    Sony @ €1.00 Per Clip

or you can get teh following addons:
    Unlimited Barclays Premiership @ €9.99 per month
    Unlimited Vodafone Access Music @ €7.99 per month
    Unlimited Movie of the Month @ €4.99 per month

Sending Video Clips (or images) is 25c for up to 100kb or 69c for 100-300kb

Hope that is all the info you need !

• Advertisement

BigMoose wrote:
    I do work for VF but have only seen others use a 902, I've not used one myself. I guess there aren't many of them around. There were a few SE800s kicking about so I am dissapointed they wont be in the shops on Monday. Granted there are more v980s than anything else and I've never seen sight of the Nokia! Dont think even coming with the kit to make it do VT impresses me to want to buy one. It'd be an arse to carry round and if you are at home you can use the net for video.

As for which I'd buy, I guess that depends on any staff offers VF decide to give! So that'd be a v980 for me then if anything! I think from choice I'd buy the SE, but I'd like to try the sharp first.

I have seen 2 Nokia's about but thats it. I think its lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

v10 wrote:
    The 2 Vodafone 3G tariffs are as follows...

Hope that is all the info you need !

Thanks for the info... was there anything about data allocations for 3G ISP/Internet access mentioned... e.g. allowing access to the kind of Data Bundles available for the 3G Card rather than being stuck with the current 'Pay as you use' or 'GPRS 3MB' handset options

Thanks,
    BrianG

Thanks for the info... was there anything about data allocations for 3G ISP/Internet access mentioned... e.g. allowing access to the kind of Data Bundles available for the 3G Card rather than being stuck with the current 'Pay as you use' or 'GPRS 3MB' handset options

Thanks,
    BrianG

Yeah, they are shipping the Motorola with a USB cable and modem software, and customers will be able to subscribe to the data bundles. They are also offering customers a free 20Mb bundle for a one month trial at the moment.

but good hear they are shipping a cable with the V980 - although not interested in that handset personally - fails the checklist on Bluetooth (for a start)...

do you have any more info on the ISP/Internet data Bundles, e.g. the various ones available / pricing etc...

Thanks,
    BrianG

the carphonewarehouse have a V800 in the Belfast shop see you all racing up the M1 ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

How much are they selling the V800 there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

wehn will the handsets be available on RTG?

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    wehn will the handsets be available on RTG?
    BigMoose wrote:
    ... prepaid wont be available in Ireland until March/April next year at the earliest. url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2067616&postcount=37]ref[/url

well they are in the shops today has anybody bought one yet. I am getting a V800 off Ebay

TCP/IP wrote:
    well they are in the shops today has anybody bought one yet. I am getting a V800 off Ebay
    It seems the handsets will not be in stores today, due to packaging delays they won't be in stores until near the weekend !

Ah V10 what are you doing to me :D
    I was hoping to get a little demo today

TCP/IP wrote:
    Ah V10 what are you doing to me :D
    I was hoping to get a little demo today

I know, I know .. I'm sorry ... typical Vodaone though.

Although you might get a demo all the same. Some stores should have demo handsets already.

In case anybody is interested there is an Ebay auction going at the moment for six V800 phones all unlocked and sim free i am GOING TO WIN ONE OF THESE ;)

I can honestly say that I think we got the best selection of 3G handsets here..

We got/are getting:

Motorola V980
    SE V800
    Nokia 6630
    Sharp 902

UK Got:

Motorola V980
    SE V800
    Samsung Z107
    Motorola E1000

Germany got:

Motorola V980
    SE V800
    Samsung Z107
    Motorola E1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I got a Nokia 7600, will this work in Ireland

• Advertisement

Surely the UK is going to get the Sharp 902 people in the UK will be crying out for it. Also the vodafone.ie site has been updated have a look:

New Phone

Only four hours to go before i have a V800 and my upgrade not touched for a 902 come jan :D

v10 wrote:
    you might get a demo all the same. Some stores should have demo handsets already.

no demos in either Grafton Street store today... the latest date they mentioned for availability was this coming Saturday... hopefully...

link not working but UK are getting the 902

Sharp 902

TCP/IP wrote:
    link not working but UK are getting the 902

Sharp 902

I just got the info from here:

http://www.vodafone-i.co.uk/live/3g_phones.html

Well if the Nokia 6630 is not out till December in England, doubt it will be out here before that....

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I just called Vodafone today to enquire about this the SE v800. They said it won't be out 'til after Christmas! I really do not understand why it takes so long for phones to be released here.

Any vodafone people feel free to contribute!

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Ro-76 wrote:
    I just called Vodafone today to enquire about this the SE v800. They said it won't be out 'til after Christmas! I really do not understand why it takes so long for phones to be released here.

Any vodafone people feel free to contribute!

Ro

That just suck. I was hoping it will be coming out within 2 weeks time. :(

I am hoping the V800 is out before xmas. It would be shocking otherwise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I was in the Vodafone store at the top of Grafton Street yesterday and was told that the V800 would be available in two to three weeks' time and would cost between €219 and €249; if all that is accurate, I'd be very happy. Incidentally, the guy in the shop said that the V980 would be available today or tomorrow, the 6630 would be out at about the same time as the V800 is released, and the 902 would follow after Christmas.

• Advertisement

I dont know what to belive at this stage, but from what i am hearing the V800 will be €389 on contract whenever it is released. Maybe some of the lads from vodafone that are on boards will tell us more

Advertisement