Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Mobiles Update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

DaveK wrote:
    ....Incidentally, the guy in the shop said that the V980 would be available today or tomorrow...
    Yep should be in the shops Wednesday ...

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

V10 mate you had my hopes up i thought the V800 would be in then

TCP/IP wrote:
    V10 mate you had my hopes up i thought the V800 would be in then
    Sorry .. it's rarely good news ..
    The information changes every day, but I'm being told now the Nokia is likely to be the only other 3G phone available before xmas.

right thats it for bringing such bad news to boards I vote that V10 and any other person working for Vodafone gets a 10 week baring or until i get my V800 ;)

well the 3G phones (sorry phone) seem to be in the shops did anybody get a demo yet or even buy the V980 a boards.ie review of the phone would be great. I will hopfully be able to give a review of the SE V800 early next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seemingly the Nokia and SE will be out before Christmas from what I have been told..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im just wondering will any of these 3G phones be available soon like next month and can people tell me whats so good about them whats there features etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Been Playing with the Sharp and Motorola 3G phones for the weekend. Have to say for the price the Motorola will be launched at it is fairly decent. The video quailty is class. Until you have seen it you can't fully appriciate how good it is.

The sharp is a very nice phone and i love the flip around screen. Great screen too - crystal clear !!!

doublezero8 were did u get hold of these phones fancy selling the 902

Afraid i don't own the phone to sell it ;) but i did think the Motorola's are already available to buy in stores for 169.
    One thing i will say if you are thinking of getting one the battery is terrible or maybe its just mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

A yank was in Voda in Athlone today demonstarting the Moto V980. I think she didn't have a clue about 3G, but from what I seen(Just a quick glimpse of camera) it's very good quality. If anyone wants it, I'll attach the 3G leaflet in a mo!

Click on the link below to download(NEED Acrobat Reader)

Sorry, it is not uploading now. will try again tomorrow!

Downloaded the Chelsea highlights from Saturday on Sunday morning to see what they would look like. Speed of the download was very good and the highlights looked class. Though it would have just been the goals but it was over 4 minutes of full highlights from the game.

Oh and BTW sky news is streamed behind as i said it would be in an earlier post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Where is Sky News streamed? All I can find is the "latest headlines" bulletin for download, but no streamed option.

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Sorry, it is not uploading now. will try again tomorrow!

If anybody's wondering why it's still hasn't been uploaded, it's because I can't get to it today. dEFIITELY TOMORROW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Whats the story with RTG i usualy get my dads upgrade and put my RTG sim so will i have to wait or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

3G RTG will not be available until around may next year.

Rumour: V980 will be dropping to €99 (with contract) within a week ...
    and the Nokia is due shortly at €229 ...

BTW .. if you're a heavy user, you'll need 2 batteries to get a full day with the V980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Still no news on the V800 ehh?

I am happy :) I heard V800 next week too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Sweet dude. Anything on the price yet?

v10 wrote:
    Rumour: V980 will be dropping to €99 (with contract) within a week ...
    and the Nokia is due shortly at €229 ...
    BTW .. if you're a heavy user, you'll need 2 batteries to get a full day with the V980
    UPDATE The v980 is now available at €129 (12 month contract) if you commit yourself to one of the new 3G Supertime Tariffs for 6 months.

Also the Nokia 6630 is now available with Video Telephony cradle and FREE bluetooth headset (HDW3) for €239 (12 month contract).

Before you ask, there is no news on Sony Ericsson or Sharp ! :p

Is the 6630 actually in stores now? Its not on the site!!

Is the 6630 actually in stores now? Its not on the site!!
    Yep, should be instores today.

v10 wrote:
    Yep, should be instores today.

Do you know if they have actually arrived yet. I refuse to get too excited till I am sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

1.Do you have to change tariff when you buy a 3G phone?

2.Could i use a 6630 with a non 3G RTG sim

1.Do you have to change tariff when you buy a 3G phone?
    No any tariff will do. Video calls and Voice calls are charged the same. Although they have brought out the Supertime tariffs which are supposed to offer good value and they are exclusive to 3G customers.
    You pay for downloaded content ... its all in this thread somewhere.
    2.Could i use a 6630 with a non 3G RTG sim
    Kind of. The phone will work like any 2G phone. No 3G services.
    You need a 3G sim card (which is free) and you need to be a Pay Monthly customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

My sim card was updated and it works great, but i tried to put in a different standard vodafone post paid sim and i got no signal (just a small 3g sign) and i couldnt make calls?

Any ideas?

Plus the Video stand is amazing, but i dont think you can make a video call with just the normal camera, as in just showing the caller what your seeing? Any one know if this is possible? (Im out of 3G coverage for the night)

Sean

My sim card was updated and it works great, but i tried to put in a different standard vodafone post paid sim and i got no signal (just a small 3g sign) and i couldnt make calls?

Any ideas?
    Yeah, I seen this problem with the v980 too. But I have seen a v980 work with a 2G sim. So some 2G sims must be incompatible with the 3G handsets. Trial and error I suppose ..
    Plus the Video stand is amazing, but i dont think you can make a video call with just the normal camera, as in just showing the caller what your seeing? Any one know if this is possible? (Im out of 3G coverage for the night)
    The 6630 doesn't support video calling at all without the cradle. This is why Vodafone decided to bundle them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im just wondering whats the camera's like in all the 3G phones

Advertisement