Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Mobiles Update

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

my v800 has shipped will have it on monday i can not wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Anyone had any problems getting voda to provision 3G with a non approved handset?

They won't play ball with me on it...

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

TCP/IP wrote:
    my v800 has shipped will have it on monday i can not wait

Where did you order the v800 from?

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

And if you ring up vodafone they will give you 20mb free to use for the month at the moment if you tell them you bought a 3g phone!

Is this limited to buying it from vodafone, or can I get it with a sim-free phone bought separately?

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anyone had any problems getting voda to provision 3G with a non approved handset?

They won't play ball with me on it...

Darragh

Tell them you have one of their handsets then ;)

Just got the 6630 today myself.. My first impressions from last seem to be spot on :) phew..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, as this thread is getting a lot of traffic it's been stickied...

have also split out the specific feedback on the 6630, now it is available, into it's own thread, will do try and make a thread for each of the other 3G handsets too as they get posted about to hopefully keep things tidy / easy to access :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Tell them you have one of their handsets then ;)

Just got the 6630 today myself.. My first impressions from last seem to be spot on :) phew..

They check for imei's the swines..!

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Wouldn't worry too much about the IMEI its not a checker system. Give any random IMEI and it will be fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

anyone aware if this has been put place? National register of the next generation 3G phones

are people subscribing to 3G being asked any special questions or being told they will be registered with such a system?

got my v800 from ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was actually part of the trial for the Vodafone 3G trial a couple of months back. The 3G coverage was fairly brutal tbh! And don't get me started on the handset they gave us, pure sh1te. The good news is that they won't be using it for the official release. (or at least, that's what they told us!!)

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

TCP/IP wrote:
    got my v800 from ebay
    Well ? How is it ?

Hi V10 still the phone is in the hands of the royal mail but i can see it is on the way. By the way what do you all think about me getting hold of the settings for the V800 for vodafone 3G. I can get the MMS and SMS settings sent to me from the SE site but what are the settings for getting access to the goals
    aggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

You can find the goals on the Live! portal. Just look under video and audio and download away (having agreed to the T&Cs etc). You can download them on the 2G network (streaming, when available on 3G wont work on 2G, but downloads will, they just take a while!). Your biggest problem is getting a 3G SIM - I cant remember if you're one of those who has managed to get one without buying the phone or not!

i aleady have a 3G sim so sorted there, as my phone will be from the vodafone UK network will there be settings i need to change to get the vodafone ireland site working

You should have no problems getting and changing the settings... All you need to do is configure the Live settings to gain access to the new 3G content such as the football highlights.

Seeing more and more v800's about too, maybe they will be getting released soon..

anyone aware if this has been put place? National register of the next generation 3G phones

are people subscribing to 3G being asked any special questions or being told they will be registered with such a system?
    I have heard mumblings about this but its not restricted to 3G.. Lets face it, 3g will just have slightly fancier filth and allow our kids to get it slightly quicker.. It would be like restricting access on broadband while leaving dial up untouched...

Dermot may reckon 3G offers new risks but I would imagine that operators would implement this across the board as there will be alot of services that can be accessed from GPRS and 3G handsets alike.

jesus any chance you would be able to PM me the settings if u come accross them

cheers mate

TCP/IP wrote:
    jesus any chance you would be able to PM me the settings if u come accross them
    If I come across them I will no bother.. I doubt it will before they are launched here officially though..

cheers mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

:confused: does anyone know when the v800 is being released?i heard after xmas and it makes sense cos its not in the vodafone xmas collection advertising.i hope not tho, also the sharp 902 is being further dealyed till february in the u.k, hope thats not the case here. its so annoying! :mad: :p i was in vodafone the other day and lookin at the 6630 and i gotta say that im really tempted but i wanna hold out for the 902.

hey,for those who care; the sharp 902 is available in the uk now.

dookie wrote:
    :confused: does anyone know when the v800 is being released?i heard after xmas...
    Yep it'll be after xmas. Probably 1st or 2nd week in January.

were are u getting your info about the Sharp 902 been released in the UK vodafone.co.uk has nothing and none are on ebay yet

http://wm.trafika.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18598

http://wm.trafika.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17537

em,towards the end of one of them ull see that its actually due on 22\12\04 there seems to be sum confusion to when its exactly out so have fun readin it! sorry if i was a bit vague in the post above but i was in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

what is coverd on 3g phones?? i have managed to send video clips from my two 7600 both on RTG with no sim upgrade. is it just for video calls????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

BrookieD wrote:
    what is coverd on 3g phones?? i have managed to send video clips from my two 7600 both on RTG with no sim upgrade. is it just for video calls????

The main ones at the moement are V-calls and the downloading/streaming of video clips for viewing on your phone ..... example would be football highlights of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Media downloads still work on 2G - although take a long time! Streaming and video calls do not work on 2G. Data rates are also a lot higher a 3G network than 2G (up to 384kbs on 3G compaired to about up to 40kbs on 2G).

Just to let you's know the Sony Ericsson V800 is due to be released on the 4th/5th January and the Sharp is due 17th/18th .. don't know prices as yet.

• Advertisement

how do u know that?since the 902 came out ahead of schedule in the uk is there any chance of it happening here?

Advertisement