Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windsor Car Auction

Options
  • 01-11-2004 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

I went to the windsor car auction last week with the intention of buying a cheap 1 litre car, and wow was I suprised! Everything that came out that I was expecting to be cheap was daylight robbery. For example there was a micra 1997 with 118,000 Kilometers, alright condition went for €2700 add to that the auction fee's (approx €300) and your VRT of €690. I think it must be just for expensivve cars, if you are looking for a cheap deal look elsewhere. Has anyone had this problem? Im sick of looking through buy and sell, just want to get it over with at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

Well if your looking for a cheap Micra, it will be very difficult. They are bullet proof little cars and are really hard to buy. I spent a month trying to buy a Micra for my girlfriend and I ended up getting one in need of work. I tried ringing before nine everyday the paper was out and they were all gone or someone was on their way.

It all comes back to the same thing-Insurance. Because of the cost of it, a lot of people are limited to what they can drive. I can guarantee if you wanted to buy a french car you would find one much cheaper and easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

What price would you expect a 1997 Micra to go for?
    (I only ask 'cos when I get my GT6 back from the restorers we might need to sell the "family" Micra to afford the insurance ;-) )

Advertisement