Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHat is the alloy wheel cover called

Options
  • 01-11-2004 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,
    my wife has a fiat punto with alloy wheels. One of the covers for the nuts is missing.

Does this have a specific name, and is a scrap yard my best bet of gettign one. I thought they might not have them as the alloys are usually taken off crashed cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

decbuck wrote:
    Hi,
    my wife has a fiat punto with alloy wheels. One of the covers for the nuts is missing.

Does this have a specific name, and is a scrap yard my best bet of gettign one. I thought they might not have them as the alloys are usually taken off crashed cars.

Got one recently for my SAAB, I think they're refered to as inserts, cost my a tenner, and the main dealer threw it in the post, no hassle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I call them hub caps, as essentially that is what they are!

I lost 2 on my Wolfrace alloys, and since I bought them, they changed the style of the hubs. Now, I am waiting on 4 from the garage I bought the car in, and they should be here next week.

Decbuck, either go to a large alloy retailer and they will get the parts for you, or to a car dealer and let them.

I would try the former actually - a garage might charge more on top then a retailer! Garages usually do!

Seanie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Always called 'em "center caps" meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

seanie m, #
    how much did the 4 cost you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

decbuck wrote:
    seanie m, #
    how much did the 4 cost you

I don't know yet. I should be getting them next week. When I do, and if I remember this string, I'll post the prices here for you!

Seanie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement