Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint on Shirt!

• 01-11-2004 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi im not sure if this is going in the right place but just recently i got red paint all over a new black Polo shirt. I brought it to the dry cleaners but they tried with no luck and did not charge me.

Just wondering if anyone would have any idea on how to get rid of it if at all possible.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

yeah...red paint, that'll hold up in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

White spirits to remove the paint and a packet of black dye to fix the damage the white spirit does to the colour...

Should be able to get it in any Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Get yourself a little bottle of Stain Devil for paint.
    You should find the range of Stain Devils in a hardware store, supermarket or a pharmacy.
    I recently had to use one for ink and also for bubble gum...
    They're brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

what kind of paint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

how much was the shirt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

could you pass it off as one of these new fashionable tops wit the bleach and paint and rips in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

cover the whole shirt in red paint and no one will know the difference!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

well thanks for some pretty useless ideas there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

try to be less misleading with your thread titles i got all excited thinking there was some sort of paint-on shirt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Me too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Divine wrote:
    Hi im not sure if this is going in the right place but just recently i got red paint all over a new black Polo shirt. I brought it to the dry cleaners but they tried with no luck and did not charge me.

Just wondering if anyone would have any idea on how to get rid of it if at all possible.

Cheers!
    Ok here's what you do. Take your shirt, two cans of beer, a sharp knife, lighter fluid and a lighter. With one hand on the shirt stab the shirt with the knife in a "stabby-stabby" motion. Next douse the shirt with lighter fluid (important at this point NOT to be wearing the shirt... well actaully it would be important at the previous point too... :confused:) Anyway, with the lighter casually set the shirt on fire. Now take the beer and drink it while watching the shirt burn. Beer is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Ok here's what you do. Take your shirt, two cans of beer, a sharp knife, lighter fluid and a lighter. With one hand on the shirt stab the shirt with the knife in a "stabby-stabby" motion. Next douse the shirt with lighter fluid (important at this point NOT to be wearing the shirt... well actaully it would be important at the previous point too... :confused:) Anyway, with the lighter casually set the shirt on fire. Now take the beer and drink it while watching the shirt burn. Beer is nice.

How do these things just come to you?

ANOTHER well deserved rep point winging its way to you if itll let me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Divine wrote:

Cheers!

red is full of dye so it was the worst colour you could of gotten on it..white spirts will only do so much if the paint is fairly new/wet on shirt,but if its dried in try cellouse spirts,wear gloves this stuff is letal...keep dabbing with cellouse on a cloth to shirt....cellouse should loosen it up a bit if its dried in....

goodluck Divine!

p.s meant to say if you cant get cellouse nail varnish remover is a good subsitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Divine wrote:
    well thanks for some pretty useless ideas there
    It'd be a big help if you posted what TYPE of paint it is (water based emulsion. oil based gloss, etc.).
    Also if it's been through a dry clean process there's less likelihood of getting it back to original condition: most water based paint will come out up to a week later, but with oil if you don't get in a day or 2 it's usually too late.

Whoever suggested stain devils is on the rigth track or you could try celullose thinners (toluene)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Sorry to say there will always be a mark left behind. Save all the money that you would have spent on white spirit, stain devils etc and put it towards a new shirt. Next time wear an old one when doing some painting. If you were not painting then sue who ever left wet paint around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah just get a new shirt serves you right for messing with paint in a expensive shirt anyway!!!

Advertisement