Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast paced hip hop?

• 01-11-2004 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Here's a challenge for you all. I'm looking for a few hip hop tunes to throw into breakbeat and tech-house mixes to spice them up a bit- but as most hip hop is recorded at 80-100bpm (as opposed to dance music's 120-140bpm) it never works out as planned.

So if any hip hop fans out there in internet land know of any tracks (not dance remixes) that are around the 120-130 bpm mark, reply now or forever hold your peace. (gettit? hold your piece? as in, gun...? oh the comedy...)

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

not really sure about the BPM, but a friend of mine recently did a remix with 50cent In Da Club and a old drum and bass tune, D+B is fast enough so im pretty sure there is a lot of tune that will go well with 50's tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Oh dear.. umm.. I know nothing about the bpm thing either, but Shystie's "One Wish" is fast, as is Memphis Bleek "Is that your chick"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Some of the Reprazent/Roni Size collaborations might fit the bill to some degree. More Drum and bass than hip hop obviously but 'Dirty Beats' from 'in the mode' has Rhazel rapping across it and is a pretty good tune. Not sure if the bpm is as high as you're looking for though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

My mate used 26 bass and Snapshot both are the same speed... Grand Master Flash the message also works well with faster beats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

You'll find a lot of Dr Dre's more popular tracks are around 125-135, and some of Jay-Z's too. Also De La Soul vocals tend to be very mixable once you cut out the beats in their track.

I use an mp3 deck and the software has a bpm counter and can vary the speed by 33%. Rap/gangsta can sound good mixed into the break of almost any type of dance music IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

You probably know this but:
    If your using good CD decks or modified Technices (maybe it's a proper feature on other decks now?) you can keep the pitch level whilst increasing the speed significantly. Unless the vocals really change you can get away with mixing slow/fast together sooo much easier.

There are also websites with huge BPM listings on them - usually more dance-orientated but could be lucky. Google your way around.

Advertisement