Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free mp3 plugin for windows media player 9 & 10

• 01-11-2004 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

does anyone know if there is any free mp3 plugin for windows media player i dont particularly want to pay $10 for one

cheers

eoin f

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

wmp plays mp3s, you shouldnt need a plug in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

wmp plays mp3s, you shouldnt need a plug in....

I'm pretty sure he's talking about an mp3 encoder plugin, as media player only has a wma encoder as standard ( in version 9 anyway ).

It's obvious that it plays mp3's already.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

WMP10 ripped mp3's for me without any plugins. At lightning speed too.

WMP 10 supports mp3 ripping.....I use Exact Audio Copy though because cleverer people than I told me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Im pretty sure WMP version 9 rips to MP3 as well, you just need to select it under option or something (pick format and rate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

if it did it i wouldnt be asking for a free plugin
    The plugins are available but you have to pay for them i know it plays mp3s but it wont rip them from cds i want it for my ipod which wont play wma's and for some reason i cant get itunes to work on my office pc so i need to use windows media player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Why not use CDex or another free ripper?

There are enough of them around on sourceforge etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

i cant install programs on my pc in work however i can add codecs and plugins to the software that is there windows media player is already installed and i need to use that

i am well aware of all the alternatives and everything else that i sholuld be using however i need to use win media so i need a free plugin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think you're confusing the words need and want...

This requires you rip to wma then convert to mp3, but its the only work around I can find for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

fintan wrote:
    Im pretty sure WMP version 9 rips to MP3 as well, you just need to select it under option or something (pick format and rate)

There's no MP3 option by default in WMP9.
    Only WMA, WMA variable bitrate and WMA Lossless.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

if you can upgrade to media player 10 you should be able to rip mp3's without the need for a plugin.

Advertisement