Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive stuck in case

Options
  • 01-11-2004 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Ive an old packard bell pc that has a maxtor hard drive that i want to take out and use in my ps2. Thing is its stuck in somehow, im not sure how to get it out. I cant see anyway of getting it out without breaking up the case. Anyone have any ideas how this is stuck in or how to get it out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Look for the screws on both sides of the HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If it's the old Packard Bell cases I'm thinking of the drive bays are mounted upright (cabling at the top) at the front of the case. In order to fully access both you'll probably need to remove both sides and the front of the case and remove all screws near them and the metal bracket.

They're quite possibly some of the least accessible bays I've seen in a PC with a case that size. They've meant partial rebuilds when working on friends PC's in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye its not screwed in at the sides, looks like its screwed in from the front. Ill give that a go

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

HDD's can have screws on side or underneath - usually 4 screws less often 2 only dell seem to use 2.

you may have to remove a screw holding the HDD bracket before you can see the remaining screws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

I've a lump hammer if you want to give that a go... lol

• Advertisement

Sorry couldn't resist. By the way. What would you be adding your HD onto your PS2 for anyhow?

To play games off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

If it mounted upright then the screws are underneith it, so look on the opposite side of the panel its stuck to and you should see the screws.

Nice one, that could be it cos ive tried everything else

To play games off it

Interesting...! Do you just save them onto the HD and then run them from there? How do you select a game from the HD? Reason I ask is I'd like to give that a go.

• Advertisement

Not too sure about how it works. I know that you need a network adapter and a hd loader disc. All maxtor hard drives work apparently that why im trying to get this one out of the case.
    Im not exactly sure how you boot the games yet but i think you can store games on the hard drive and use them without having your ps2 chipped. I have my ps2 chipped so all i think all i need to do is load the hdloader disc and select the game i want to play.
    Games are meant to run way better from the hard drive, i mainly want it for burnout 3 to cut down on the loading and gta sa to cut down on pop up and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

was ur ps2 hard to chip???

gline wrote:
    was ur ps2 hard to chip???

You will have to ask yer man who chipped it that :)
    I havent a clue how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

who did it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

has anyone got a HD loader disc? Or could they send me an ISO?

gline wrote:
    who did it??

Got it done from england ages ago. I got one done from modchipireland awhile ago for a mate though and he says its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobsyouruncle

mp3guy wrote:
    has anyone got a HD loader disc? Or could they send me an ISO?
    Wat do you want it for you don't have a PS2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobsyouruncle

bush wrote:
    Got it done from england ages ago. I got one done from modchipireland awhile ago for a mate though and he says its fine
    I am looking to get my PS2 chipped where are modchipireland? How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

If it's on of the older PB machines with the curved front on the case like the Club 90 and Club 65 ( I think these are the right model nukbers.) The hard drives are mounted vertically on the front wall of the case and you just need to pop the front off and the screws should be there as Optikus said

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

You don't need to mod your (original) PS2 in order to use the HDLoader software - all you need is the HDLoader disc (there are other similar products), the BB adapter, and a suitable HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Can you post pics of the inside of the case?

Advertisement