Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to read....

Options
  • 22-04-1999 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

thought you might like to take a look at this. Seemingly it is a top 100 sci-fi and fantasy booklist from internet votes.

I don't think I would agree with EVERY choice though..

www.clark.net/pub/iz/Books/Top100/top100list.txt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The Vorkosigan Series (Bujold) 4th? wtf is that all about?

Anyways whats yer man Zelazny like? Haven't seen much of him in the shops.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Zelazany....
    Wierd to say the least.
    I only managed to actually read one whole novel by him. I found the rest so bizarre, I cant even remember their names, but they had somthing to do with a universe/place called Amber (I think it was psuedo-Fairy meets Elven 40k dudes whatever their bloody well called).
    Anyway, it was well wierd, didnt understand it. I was 14 tho' so it could be better, But everyone I knew found it a very difficult read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Glad to see Vonnegut getting a mention. To anyone who hasn't, read Slaughterhouse Five.

Advertisement