Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F#@%!!! Kerry's gonna win!

Options
  • 01-11-2004 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

According to http://www.electoral-vote.com/ John Kerry is going to be the 44th President of the US of A!
    ...And what's the conclusion? Nobody knows. If we just look at the most recent poll in every state, John Kerry will be elected the 44th President of the United States tomorrow with 298 votes in the electoral college vs. 231 for George Bush, with New Mexico and New Hampshire exact ties. However, even if Bush carries both of these states, Kerry still wins 298 to 240. But again, a caution is in order, Kerry's margin is razor thin in Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio. Pennsylvania will probably go to Kerry. Ohio is more iffy. Bush won it in 2000 and stands a decent chance of winning it in 2004 although he trails by 2% using the average of the Zogby and Gallup polls taken Oct. 28-31. Thus after 4 years of campaigning, more money spent on attack ads than the gross national product of small countries, and an exhausted electorate, what do we have? In the immortal words of Yogi Berra: "It's deja vu all over again." The whole thing comes down to Florida. where Kerry currently holds a tenuous 48% to 47% lead according to the most recent poll, from Zogby...
    WooHoo! Well who could have thought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Who'd have thunk it indeed.

I'll await the official result...and the Supreme Court judgement...and the coup...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

mmmm... coup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Manged to catch this update 'live' today, hitting the 'refresh' button by chance.

I think Kerry'll win - but that margin is too large - it'll be much closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Appears someone bothered to poll the cell-phones. Btw there are numerous mirrors for that site.

http://www.electoral-voteN.com/

Where N is a number from 1 to ... not sure but 9 exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hopefully Kerry will win. Mainly so I don't have to read that **** Mark Steyn's column in the Irish Times on a Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

hehe another call the election thread :p

Bush will win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I'm expecting Bush to win. That way if Kerry wins it's a nice surprise and if sh|te-for-brains gets it I won't have had my hopes up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

put a fiver on bush to win..

if bush wins you make money

if bush looses you lose a fiver and the world is a better place...

wohoo!
    its a guarenteed win-win either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

daveirl wrote:
    Ah I'd forgotten about that. It's called every election correctly for the past 70-odd years, ever since the Redskins were the Redskins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I was shocked, stunned and amazed when sky said a fox news survay predicted a win for John Kerry

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137273,00.html

i could not believe it.

I hope kerry wins, Despite what Bill Clinton done in his personal life, I thought he was a better president than George Bush JR and Senior. and being from the same political party as Clinton, I think kerry will be good for america, and the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I was shocked, stunned and amazed when sky said a fox news survay predicted a win for John Kerry

i could not believe it.

ahh, that's just a trick to fool the average lazy democrat into thinking Kerry has it won, so there's no need to go out and vote ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

bus77 wrote:
    ahh, that's just a trick to fool the average lazy democrat into thinking Kerry has it won, so there's no need to go out and vote ;)

Thats exactly what i thought too! god damm Fox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

i could not believe it.
    It's called covering-your-ass!
    Wait till you see when Kerry wins by the end of the day that Fox News will be saying that the War in Iraq is the Wrong War in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Memnoch wrote:
    hehe another call the election thread :p

Bush will win :)
    Hear what your saying.
    This is a more of a now-I-know-for-sure-ish that Kerry is going to win kind of thread.
    All the indications are that there is going to be a large turnout today. This always favours the challenger and so in about 20 hours from now I know-ish that Kerry's going to win by a landslide. Yes, a landslide-ish - I'd say he'll win easily - he'll break the 310 mark. And that will be the official result, and there'll be no Supreme Court judgement or a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

i could not believe it.

And in the meantime, CNN were showing that Bush had increased his lead and was almost unassailable.

They're all gone mad I tellya.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

jank wrote:
    Thats exactly what i thought too! god damm Fox!

I doubt its that at all. How many democrats read fox?

What it could do is force more republicans to go out and vote or kerry gets in on a whisker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I think Kerry will win but he'll probably wish he hadn't. The US is so shagged there's probably not a whole lot he can realistically do to fix it even if he wants to. The republicans will just roll straight back in in 4 years time.

I assume any future criticism of Kerry can be dismissed as rabid anti-americanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

According to the mirror in Harry's Bar, Kerry is going to win.
    It's only been wrong once since 1924!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Sleipnir wrote:
    According to the mirror in Harry's Bar, Kerry is going to win.
    It's only been wrong once since 1924!

There's always a second time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

daveirl wrote:

Thats ONE game theyve won. GO RAMS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Well, I sure hope the poll's are goddam right, for all our sakes. I hear that [Kerrygold butter] was always a big seller in the grand old US of A !.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

pork99 wrote:
    I'm expecting Bush to win. That way if Kerry wins it's a nice surprise and if sh|te-for-brains gets it I won't have had my hopes up anyway.

Do not discount bush as .. for brains he is one devious cute son of a female mutated poodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

http://www.oddschecker.com has a list of the various online bookies with live odds and judging by the new odds on Kerry (2/9 for example), it looks like Kerry is going to be the next U.S. president as only yesterday Kerry was at 5/4... Bush is also at 11/4 now, but Bush was at 4/7 yesterday...

still early, but drastic odd changes nonetheless which could signal the election being decided tomorrow rather than in days or weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

narommy wrote:
    There's always a second time ;)

Looks like I was right :D

Advertisement