Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week, I are mostly reading....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Am reading a book about Tori Amos called "Tori Amos. Piece by Piece" by Tori Amos and Ann Powers - only just began it but it seems to provide a useful insight into the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

More Pricks than Kicks Samuel Beckett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Blush_01 wrote:
    Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser. I've meant to read this for ages but really bothered. It's interesting, to say the least.

Me too! I get to be all smug about living in the EU, with stricter food production rules! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Have you read not on the label then??? Cause I did and now I can't feel smug about the EU thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Captain Smiggy

A confederacy of Dunces- John kennedy Toole...

Ignatius j. Reilly, WHAT A MAN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Am halfway through "Burnt Toast" by Teri Hatcher (she of 'Desperate Houswives' fame)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen. Just finished Malka by Mirjam Pressler and Stalin: Court of the Red Tsar is still unfinished, can't seem to finish the last 100 pages without picking up another book..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Darkness That Comes Before - R. Scott Bakker

The Treason of Isengard by J.R.R. Tolkien. More Middle-earth madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hysteria: The History of a Disease - Ilza Veith.

Pretty cool, to be honest! Light(ish) reading, but very interesting.

• Advertisement

I am Legend by Richard Matheson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

Just finished "Illuminatus Trilogy; The Eye of the Pyramid"

currently re-read "Marabou Stork Nightmares!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I've just started My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. It's a bit weird but really good so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm finishing What are you like? by Anne Enright, its quite good. I like the way she messes around with the time line and the odd way she has of describing things. I was reading it for one of my exams but its good enough to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I'm sitting in the Congo estuary reading "Heart Of Darkness" by Joesph Conrad. Very atmospheric.

John wrote:
    I am Legend by Richard Matheson

One of my favourite books. I love the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I'm reading The Round Tower by Catherine Cookson. I enjoy reading 'chick lit' books, among others, but I think people can have certain ideas about this genre :)

theCzar wrote:
    One of my favourite books. I love the ending.

I had seen it mentioned on here a few times and liked the sound of the blurb. Really enjoyed it, flew through it. Scared the crap out of me (zombie apocalypses are a recurring nightmare!) and yes the ending was brilliant. Good job people on boards!

WG Sebald Vertigo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Oh how I wish I could stop reading it, and maybe try something of a more academic vein. I should finish it tonight. If I choose not to sleep. So simple and such a quick read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Drowning Ruth

It is well written as regards characters and situations but I dislike the way that it jumps from Third person to First Person without warning, and jumps between different times...its not that fluid in that regard, and makes it pretty confusing.

The Third Policeman, Flann O'Brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

'The Bell Jar'- Sylvia Plath.

'The Bell Jar'- Sylvia Plath.

That's a great book. I absolutely devoured it when I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Candide, ou l'Optimisme - Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

theCzar wrote:
    The Third Policeman, Flann O'Brien.
    Any good? I'm considering buying it.

I started Catch 22 again because I abandoned it for Batman comics when they arrived. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

A Clockwork Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Cosa Nostra: A history of the Sicilian Mafia. Really really really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

the world according to garp - john irving, such a great book!

i might search out i am legend next, sounds fun. my name is red and the bell jar are fantastic! just to reiterate what was said up yonder..

• Advertisement

Currently reading The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien

very good. I'm enjoying it more than At-swim two birds tbh. More of a novel, as opposed to a collection of disjointed segments (albeit funny ones :D )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement