Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week, I are mostly reading....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Flann O'Brien - Dalkey Archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

Not great, tbh. Although I expected that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Kafka-metamorphosis. Well its' kafka, what can you say? almost always brilliant, sometimes a little over clever, but definitely worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just started 'the raggedy trousered philanthropists', after seeing it a many 'best book' lists down the years..

Not far into it, but its not bad thus far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

About a third of the way through "The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon, Whitbread book of the year, a pretty good read and an interesting look into the head of someone with Asperger's Syndrome, it's a detective novel by the way !

Yeah, I liked that too.
    Just started his latest one; A Spot of Bother. The chapters are tiny, so I got through thirty in one sitting. Pretty good so far.
    Hurray, the Leaving Cert is over, and I can finally start reading heaps again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Selphie wrote:
    Just started his latest one; A Spot of Bother. The chapters are tiny, so I got through thirty in one sitting. Pretty good so far.
    It's pretty good, but the cynic in me tells me that he wrote it structurally with the plan of selling the TV/Movie rights at the back of his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Curious Incident is very good. Will probably get A Spot of Bother soon myself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thought Curious Incident was one of the weakest books I've read in quite a while.

I've just finished 'The Religion" by Tim Willocks, a historical adventure set in Malta in the 1500s. Quite good actually, much better than my description makes it sound. Would be a good holiday read.

Just started "Johnathon Strange and Mr Norrell" despite having it on my bookshelf for over a year. I'm about 2/5 of the way through and although I like the story, it's far too verbose and lengthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The Possibility of an Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Wizard and Glass, Dark Tower Book 4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Thousandfold Thought - R. Scott Bakker
    Then the third Dark Tower book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Devices and Desires by PD James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Currently reading 'Beyond Good and Evil' by Friedrich Nietzsche - but should be finished that soon enough. So now I have to start thinking about what to read next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

Currently reading Barry Trotter and the Shameless parody.
    I keep on meaning to go to the library, but I forget...and I end up reading like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The Brothers Karamazov - Dostoyevsky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The Devil's Dictionary-Ambrose Bierce

"Battle-A diplomatic knot undone by the teeth rather than the tongue.":cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 0prah11

da_deadman wrote:
    Currently reading 'Beyond Good and Evil' by Friedrich Nietzsche - but should be finished that soon enough. So now I have to start thinking about what to read next...
    It's a great book! I read it a while ago and I loved it! I'm currently reading "The first and last freedom" by Jiddu Krishnamurti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

re-reading 'In Our Time' by Hemmingway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um, The Wastelands - Stephen King

Wolves of Calla, Dark Tower Book V

Stephen King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ooh, it's a Dark Tower off and genericoon is in the lead!

He is two book ahead but it will be tight! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

PG Wodehouse - Luck of the Bodkins

He is two book ahead but it will be tight! :p

RAWR!!!! Im nearly finished Calla anyways

Yeah well I finished the series, >_>
    <_<
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Susanneh's Song from the Dark Tower series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

<_<

Oh yeah, then how many midgets appear in the final battle? And how many of them throw petrol bombs at the orb of Kharshlax?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Euclid's Window by Leonard Mlodinow

It's interesting. If you like mathematical/scientific history books. :)

I needed a break from fiction after finishing Erickson's book. Tried starting "Night of Knives" by Ian Esselmont but couldn't focus on it enough to enjoy it.

• Advertisement

<_<

Ive actaully read it before but whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement