Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week, I are mostly reading....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Chumpski wrote: »
    Must read that one soon.

Its good, flew through it I enjoyed it so much

Im about to start The Interpretation of a Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Ronan3345 wrote: »
    On The Road. Jack Kerouac. (for the 1st time):eek:

You will so love this book! Read it for the first time 2 years ago in between tea breaks on site and couldn't put it down. It's a book you have to savour to enjoy it!

buck65 wrote: »
    The Story of Art -EH Gombrich

Collected stories- John Cheever

am i the only one who needs to be reading fiction whilst also reading non fiction?

No, i'm reading Queen Camilla by Sue Townsend and Miller's Antique Price Guide 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the nighttime

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

Just finished 'The Man Who Planted Trees' by Jean Giono and started 'Willie Nelson: The Outlaw' by Graeme Thomson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Just finished Vile bodies by evelyn waugh - twas excellent, now I'm reading the great gatsby again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

truecrime by Jake Arnott, its part 3 of a trilogy. The Long Firm and He Kills Coppers being the first 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Saw the film recently and was blown away so I'm really looking forward to reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

just finished blood meridian, by cormac mccarthy. liked it a lot. i'd read no country for old men, and the road in the last year and liked them also. the man can tell a good story, and tell it well. sooo can anyone recommend anything else by the man, or do i just buy everything?

'The Hill Of Dreams' by Arthur Machen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Just finished The Fifth Horseman by James Paterson. Absolutely god-awful! I'll always try to give authors a chance by reading at least two of their works (when possible) but I'd read Big Bad Wolf and that was equally as crap so that's Paterson on my list of enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Finshed the Kite Runner last week. Truly moving.

Am now reading The Gathering by Anne Enright, have about twenty pages to go and its fantastic. Very dark and expertly written.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

John wrote: »
    The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Any good? Bought it a few months back, but haven't got around to reading it yet. I'm going through a Douglas Coupland phase at the moment and have just started Microserfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

monkey9 wrote: »
    Any good? Bought it a few months back, but haven't got around to reading it yet. I'm going through a Douglas Coupland phase at the moment and have just started Microserfs.

Just finished JPod which is very good. I think Hey Nostradamus is my favourite Coupland book.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Am now reading The Gathering by Anne Enright, have about twenty pages to go and its fantastic. Very dark and expertly written.

I really did not like that book, couldn't get into it at all. The main character really annoyed me too. I was quite disapointed as I was expecting it to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just finished JPod which is very good. I think Hey Nostradamus is my favourite Coupland book.

Have yet to read both. I have all his books and am reading them from his first one up. Although i read his latest one, the Gum Thief. But my favourite of his so far is Girlfriend In A Coma. It was the first one i'd read and is just astonishingly good

'Louis Lambert' by Honore De Balzac.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just Finished on "Trunk Music" by Michael Connelly and have started "Déja Dead" by Kathy Reichs.
    Boy do I love crime books...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

monkey9 wrote: »
    Any good? Bought it a few months back, but haven't got around to reading it yet.

So far, yes. Quite strange but in a funny and unexpected way. I have never been able to enjoy the older generation of Russian authors but this is clicking with me nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Malazan Book 5: Midnight Tides - Steven Erikson.

Stephen Fry's Autobiography

'Sunday After The War' by Henry Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

The great war for civilization, finally I've enough time to tackle it, started on Saturday, Its gonna take a while, even though I can't put it down

'The Diary of a Madman, The Government Inspector and Selected Stories' by Nikolay Gogol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mr. Bones

Currently re-reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy prior to the film version of Northern Lights (Golden Compass) coming out. Story-telling at its most imaginative and absorbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

just after finishing 'The Long Way Down' by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman. I thought it was poor compared to 'The Long Way Round'
    Have begun 'Walden' by Henry David Thoreau, excellent beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Started (and finished) The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. Really enjoyed the book, quite simple and easy to read (aimed at both a child and adult audience), yet a powerful story.

Gonna start Catch-22 probably tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

New York Trilogy
    by Paul Auster.

Really enjoyed the first 2 stories, onto the Locked Room now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement