Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & other Isp's

• 01-11-2004 7:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i signed up for 1 mbit broadband from digiweb (very very expensive no limits account) 2 and a half weeks ago.. digiweb were excellent. they got my equipment to me in 4 days it normally would take 10:D
    but theres no light on the DSL Led on the router. so they contacted eircom.. theres a fault on the line.. and there has been for the past week and a half...
    so anyone know when eircom actually gets of their a.s.s.ess & does something??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Its within 3-4 working days before they resolve a problem.
    If i were you i'd get back onto Digiweb and demand an update.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i have already been onto them 3 times. they said eircom havent contacted them yet.. so they put me on to the head of support, she took my mobile number and said id get a call as sson as it was fixed.. im pretty ticked off considering i signed up over 2 weeks ago and its still taking me 4 minutes to check my hotmail on dial up.. not to mention the fact that digiweb 1 meg is really expensive

What price u looking at there?
    Well if thats their process then so be it.
    Its not how we work though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

its only an 89euro connection which is good but its 110euro a month (free four port router though).. at first i thought it was fair considering it is ireland.. but its definitely not considering lots of hassle with eircom..

i am wondering though i accidently connected through dial-up with a line that was connected to the filter.. shouldnt that not have happened. i thought the filter was supposed to block the normal frequencies. its a bit weird being able to connect to dial up backwards through it.. should that be happening. is the filter damaged?

Nah its nothing like that.
    It merely allows the Full DSL dignal through on that phone port.
    The other ones filter out noises on the line by filtering out the dsl frequency.

I'd say your filter is fine. Dont worry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement