Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush to win

Options
  • 01-11-2004 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Look I'm gonna put my head on the line
    I want Bush to win (not for aesthetic reasons)
    Can't be the only one here , surely?
    I know this is petty, but doesn't Kerry look like Frankenstein??????
    (gone wrong)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I would have nothing against him either but the vast mojority of users here have issues with Bush and would rather a kerry win.

all i know is that with my g/f in the states, i feel safer with Bush in charge than kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You'd feel safer with Bush in charge? Have you been watching the news at all?

ehh...nope. dont see much of it during college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

There's already a thread asking users to predict who will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

koneko wrote:
    You'd feel safer with Bush in charge? Have you been watching the news at all?

Newsflash: America is more dangerous with Bush in charge!

I haven't seen that on the news...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

steviec wrote:
    Newsflash: America is more dangerous with Bush in charge!

I haven't seen that on the news...
    He's essentially taking a little tour around the middle east wreaking havoc. If you think that isn't going to inspire more anti-american hatred then you are naive. He's planted the seeds for generations of terrorists. What's more, if I was an Iraqi, I would want to blow up a piece of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    What's more, if I was an Iraqi, I would want to blow up a piece of America.

Well of course, but why would it be any different with Kerry?
    At least we know where Bush stands, Kerry waffles on and on....
    This is a filthy world we live in.

Bessacadia wrote:
    For one, Kerry isn't part of the Neo-Conservative movement that decided Iraq needed to be invaded. He would be stuck in Iraq, but a transition to a new president could mean a new-start for a lot of people. It would also show the Iraqis that American's reject the mess Bush has made of the region. If this "filthy world" we live in is to have any chance, then forums like the UN must be used, not casually brushed aside when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Bessacadia wrote:

bush stands for invading countries and killing 100,000 innocent civilians to further his greed and profit while destablising the middle east.

Bush stands for increasing terrorists' numbers many fold and increasing support for fundamentalist radicals within the muslim community.

yes you should feel a lot safer with bush in charge.

why is it that every time I run into a bush supporter they are always extremely short on basic knowledge about the issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Did anyone see that a recent study was done where they questioned people in detail about their reasons for voting for either candidate and did an IQ test aswell. Turns out, (as if I needed to tell anyone) the stupider you are, the more likely you are to like Bush and trust him. Here's the breakdown:

IQ Above 140: Kerry 80%, Bush 20%.

120-140: Kerry 65%, Bush 35%.

100-120: Kerry 54%, Bush 46%.

80-100: Bush 54%, Kerry 46%.

60-80: Bush 60%, Kerry 15%, Dale Earnhardt Jr. 25%.

http://www.rense.com/general59/stupid.htm

• Advertisement

Did anyone see that a recent study was done where they questioned people in detail about their reasons for voting for either candidate and did an IQ test aswell. Turns out, (as if I needed to tell anyone) the stupider you are, the more likely you are to like Bush and trust him. Here's the breakdown:

Its like the emperor's new clothes!

Still as much as I'd like to gloat over stats like that, they will only reinforce Bush's "Man of The People" persona, further alienating Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bessacadia wrote:
    I'd rather take a bet on Kerry's uncertainty, than the certainty that Bush seems to operate with. It's Bush's solidness, that he has a steadfast stance on everything, that makes him so dangerous. Any politican with that ethos will never get favour from me.

To be unsure, undecided and flexible, is human.

To be 100% certain, stubborn, and believe you are doing God's work is insanity.

Memnoch wrote:
    yes you should feel a lot safer with bush in charge

why is it that every time I run into a bush supporter they are always extremely short on basic knowledge about the issues?

Please would you quantify that remark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Kerry *seems* like the lesser of two evils, but if I was US citizen I'd still vote for Nader or neither.

The only reason I'd want Kerry to win is to get Bush out. I don't see many good points about Kerry. I don't think US policy would suddenly change poles if he was elected.

And I don't like this Skull and Bones thingy. :D

Did anyone see that a recent study was done where they questioned people in detail about their reasons for voting for either candidate and did an IQ test aswell. Turns out, (as if I needed to tell anyone) the stupider you are, the more likely you are to like Bush and trust him. http://www.rense.com/general59/stupid.htm

yep, a really serious study!
    gerraway!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bessacadia wrote:

How about you? Tell us in detail why Bush should get four more years beyond the fact that Kerry looks like Frankenstein (I hope to god that is not your premise for voting).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bush: "I'd just like you to know that I have the energy and enthusiasm to cross the line."
    No, I think you have leaped over it already Georgy Porgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

If it's close he'll probably get it by cheating again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Kaimera wrote:
    ehh...nope. dont see much of it during college.

This is what happens when you waste education on women ;)

As someone who has 70% of their family resident in the US its Kerry all the way for me.

god dammit syke!! stop following me around spreading rumours!! whore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Bessacadia wrote:

would you be okay with 100,000 irish civilians being killed to remove saddam?

Bessacadia wrote:

Quantify?? Ah... ok... 17! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

[UN must be used, not casually brushed aside when it suits.[/QUOTE]

We already have three people with thier heads on the line for Bush. The UN is being ignored because they use logic and discussion as opposed to "Faith" whenever it is convenient. Bush and his faith based bull doo doo has him fighting a Guerilla organization with the mindset he can beat them with the charge of the light brigade.

It is abseloutely hilarious watching the news over here yesterday Bush attends a catholic mass, Kerry goes to some protestant church, I really wonder what type of church Nader would have used. If I had a vote it would go to Nader. The Republican/Democrat podium is as different as Fine Fail and Fine Gael (forgive my ignorance if they actually are different now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 2oddsox

BUSH WILL WIN. But only because its such a close race, according to the polls. Which means it will probably end up being deecided by the courts. Or are people forgetting that that is the only reason Bush got to the White house 4 years ago.
    Anyway, why dose our opinion matter??
    Who made bush president of the free world???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bessacadia wrote:
    I know this is petty, but doesn't Kerry look like Frankenstein??????
    (gone wrong)
    I know this is petty but isn't Bush more likeFrankenstein? Frankenstein, as an artificial creation that would have never existed on his own, didn't have his own brain and had to have one provided for him. Bush is still waiting on the postal insurance claim for his after it never arrived (and Bush's degree isn't all that relevant as evidence of some intelligence as it's obvious that the guy is as dumb as a bucket of pig manure).

And even if you're the only one here (you're not by the way - there are at least another few) you won't be on your own when 50 million Americans vote Bush tomorrow. I reckon, like Thompson, that he peaked (of sorts) too soon and I can recall saying here that should they invade Iraq, they should leave it till September or October rather than make the same mistake Poppy did and be left with the odd maverick asking about the economy with some election on the way. There isn't all that much difference between Bush and Kerry so I still can't figure how an ordinary person would countenance voting for the thicko. And yes, I'm being simplistic, apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<pedantic wh0re>
    sceptre wrote:
    I know this is petty but isn't Bush more likeFrankenstein?

Yup...he created a monster where there was none before. I'm still stuck on how Kerry looks like him though.
    Frankenstein, as an artificial creation that would have never existed on his own,

That was Frankenstein's monster. Frankenstein was the doctor.

</pedantic wh0re>

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

I read another interesting study the other day, it seems the stupider you are, the more likely you are to believe fake news articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

It doesnt matter if its fake or not. It simply illustrates what we all know, dumb people support Bush. As someone else said, the Bush supporters never have any idea about what's actually going on domestically or otherwise. It goes something like this:

"Why do you like Bush?

"He's an honest man, good with security, bla bla"

"Why dont you like Kerry?"

"He is a, um, FLIP-FLOPPER! And yeah, thats my reasons basically."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It doesnt matter if its fake or not. It simply illustrates what we all know, dumb people support Bush.

And they're dumb why? Well, because they support Bush, obviously.
    As someone else said, the Bush supporters never have any idea about what's actually going on domestically or otherwise.
    Actually, the percentage of Bush supporters who are that way is probably quite close to the percentage of Kerry supporters are likewise.

Both parties probably have similar percentages of well-informed followers as well.
    It goes something like this:

"Why do you like Bush?

"He's an honest man, good with security, bla bla"

"Why dont you like Kerry?"

"He is a, um, FLIP-FLOPPER! And yeah, thats my reasons basically."

I've heard a lot of people offer very sensible reasons why they vote for Bush. I may disagree with them, but I'd never do them the disservice of saying that because I disagree that this means they are stupid.....which seems to be more or less where your conclusions are starting...

jc

Advertisement