Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo is now Chrysler !

Options
  • 01-11-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just saw an add on the box saying the above !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Daewoo are changing their name to Chevrolet not Chrysler. Chrysler/jeep are allready available here.
    GM owns both Chevrolet (great, legendary status. makers of camero, big V8s and competition engineering) and daewoo (****e, makers of microwave ovens and similar looking and powered cars). So they decided to imbue such cars as the kNobira with the glamour of the camaro ,corvette etc. those clever marketing guys eh!!!
    They should be shot slowly with frozen balls of their own sh1te if ye ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

shagman wrote:
    Daewoo are changing their name to Chevrolet not Chrysler.

Doh !!! :o

I knew I'd get it wrong, I just copped the end of the add :confused: ... I knew it was either Chevrolet or Chrysler... But yeah I would have picked the wrong one :p ............

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

The 'Chevrolet Matiz'.... it just ooozes horsepower doesn't it? :D

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

dcGT wrote:
    The 'Chevrolet Matiz'.... it just ooozes horsepower doesn't it? :D

DC.

Or

'That'll be the Chevy'

No ring to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Drove my Daewoo to the levy , but the levy was dry...... :o
    Bet they won't be stocking chevy/delco/gmc genuine parts. Can you imagine going to your local daewoo dealer to tune those nice double holley carbs on your phat corvette.
    Note to marketing tool who came up with this one......you can't pollish a turd!

• Advertisement

I saw the new ad for 'Chevy' on the telly yesterday :rolleyes: A good laugh.

http://www.chevrolet.ie

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Good marketing move as its big a differance from saying I bought a Daewoo than saying I bought a chevy :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see they're already deploying Amercian culture (ie Gridiron football) to flog
    thier stock. A bit embarrasing really.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I see they're already deploying Amercian culture (ie Gridiron football) to flog
    thier stock. A bit embarrasing really.

Mike.

Mike, what's the Gridiron football? I'm a bit slow today :D

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Any chance we'll see them officially bring those piece of junk Camaro's and Corvette's in the coutry then? Would have been much more fun to see them badged Daewoo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Pity they don't make these any more...

036348.1-lg.jpg

Nyommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

That website looks like a very bad April Fool's joke. This is just unbelievable. Is this worldwide, or just Ireland?

Actually, I see it is UK also, prolly Europe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

dcGT wrote:
    Mike, what's the Gridiron football? I'm a bit slow today :D

DC.

That bastardisation of rugby and football they call Football.

Mike.

Advertisement